Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   searched but found no match (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/searched-but-found-no-match-156682/)

apprentice 06-22-2007 03:01 PM

searched but found no match

when i first drove my truck at wot it made a groan. as well a vibe that was felt in the go pedal and the stearing wheel. it seems to be happening sooner like half throtle or when climbing a grade and gets worse the closer i get to wot ... this is a new thing. never made any other noise on a grade before just a more intense diesel sound and turbo spool. did a search for noises groans viberations nothing seems to match... any ideas??? no miss idle seems fine.

DanMan 06-22-2007 03:56 PM

Can't help ya on yer problem there, but......

How's that spring workin' for ya in the glove box there?[laugh] [laugh]

Sorry... just couldn't resist! [duhhh]

wannadiesel 06-22-2007 05:47 PM

Pop the intake hose off the turbo and check the shaft for play. Also look for exhaust leaks.

Boatnik 06-23-2007 01:19 PM

AND while looking for an exhaust leak, check to see if the exhaust pipe is hitting the frame anywhere. Mine had a killer drone because of the pipe rubbing the frame next to the tranny.

apprentice 06-23-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by DanMan (Post 1565665)
Can't help ya on yer problem there, but......

How's that spring workin' for ya in the glove box there?[laugh] [laugh]

Sorry... just couldn't resist! [duhhh]

seems to be with school and work i just cant take the chance that my truck could be out of commision for more than one day if i screw somthing up... but at least i know where it is and have dloaded the howto ... just a time factor

apprentice 06-23-2007 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1565845)
Pop the intake hose off the turbo and check the shaft for play. Also look for exhaust leaks.

shaft is good spins free. tight as far as end play... how do i check for leaks someone said plug tail pipe ?

apprentice 06-23-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Boatnik (Post 1566812)
AND while looking for an exhaust leak, check to see if the exhaust pipe is hitting the frame anywhere. Mine had a killer drone because of the pipe rubbing the frame next to the tranny.

drone is a great word for what is happening. gonna check leaks and contact spots today

wannadiesel 06-23-2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by apprentice (Post 1567036)
shaft is good spins free. tight as far as end play... how do i check for leaks someone said plug tail pipe ?

You can see them if you have somebody start the truck while you watch. The puff of smoke makes leaks jump right out at you.

pred 06-24-2007 02:46 PM

Might want to check u-joints for wear,,,, Grease them up real good and see if the issue is still there.

apprentice 07-08-2007 01:02 PM

no exhaust is touching any part of frame or leaking, turbo seems fine. it is getting worse.... what next ??? seems to have plenty of power