1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Project Started(Pictures!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you're doing the same thing oilcan is.....
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 AM

Received 78 Likes on 51 Posts
Does he have a thread started? Like to check it out if he does
Cheers
Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No but he uploads a bunch of pictures on facebook all the time. Justin Urian .....
Old 05-09-2010, 09:54 PM

Teasers

Finally!

Put the box and a few other odds and ends on this weekend. The black that was used looks friggen amazing! I think the silver I choose looks really awesome with the black too! Here are a couple teaser pictures of the truck right after the clear was sprayed on the silver.

Next weekends project is to reassemble everything! Haha
I have to get a quote on some line-x for the bed, rockers and wheel arches, if its too expensive I will just do the bed with line-x and do the rest with the same product we did my cab floor with.

I didn't get a chance to do any science experiments this weekend, but next weekend i'm going to raid my dads pool chemicals and see if I can strip some chrome of all my plastic.....I may not even strip the grill depending how things go. I'm really considering bedlining the grill

Sorry if these pics dont work right away, first time uploading from photobucket.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good man! Cant wait to see it all done.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:58 PM

Thanks Farmer! I sure cant wait either...it will be nice to drive a truck again, bloody hard getting out of these little civics!!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You realize you have been keeping me in suspense this whole time right? I have 3 final exams tomorrow morning but I thought I'd log on at 12:15 Am after studying to see if you posted pics after your weekend. lol

Truck looks nice. I'm liking those fender wells. did you ever try to see if your OEM flares will fit them? Looking good man. Oh, and I got a quote from line-ex a while back to do my rockers/wheel openings (from the body line you painted and down) and the guy said like $350 was all. I didn't think that was too bad. I would rather use something cheaper in the bed if $ is the issue. Line-ex is good stuff.

BTW, did you leave all of your glass in when you painted?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM

Hey Shamran! Sorry to keep you up, lol
Haven't gotten a chance to see if the OEM's will fit yet, I'm going to see how it looks with just the bedliner on the wheel arches first. I'd definitely like to do line-x for the whole thing rockers and bed, tough stuff that would last the abuse of rocks, sleds, dirtbikes, etc!
I took the back glass out but not the front, we just peeled the rubber back and sprayed under the front...worked out well. Found out where the water has been leaking into my cab as well!!

Good luck with your exams!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks man. 2 Down 2 to go. lol
Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love your project. Its very similar to what I am doing. There is a link to my build in the sig.

I have the 325/85r16 Michelin\ XML tires (38.5" true height) with just a leveling spring in front. I ended up horizontally sectioning the fenders 8" in front and 6" in the rear to get them to fit.

Now that the weather is nice again I need to get the body work finished up and paint the truck this summer.

Thanks for the inspiration on the paint....I really like the color combo and theme.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM

Haha, no Mieser Thank You for the inspiration! I've been following your thread on that monster of yours Friken sweet is all I have to say. I love the look of big **** tires stuffed into the fender wells...Soon i'll have one of my very own lifesize hotwheels!!

Thanks on the paint by the way, it is bushwacking inspired. I like the fact that I can easily touch up most of the areas where the scratches and dents litter my truck after a day in the bush. I didn't cheap out on the clear either so i'll be able to get a few polishes out of the silver as well
I've also got a set of 11r16 XL's for offroading, older rendition of your tires.

Hows that bumper coming along?
Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem!

The bumper is just about done. I trimmed down the brackets the other day. I think it turned out sweet for a 2/4 tube bumper. The large radius bend was really worth it. Its simple, but with a little bit of flare. I need to cap the ends and do the final prep before I paint it.

My big old Michelin tires do pretty good. They are wearing faster than I thought they would. I have done some pretty big trips on them though. I guess I can't expect a set of $600 tires to last forever. I will need to find a replacement before next winter I think.

My main focus this summer is going to be body work and paint. I really like the two-tone scheme you used, it is by far the best place to separate the colors I have seen. The rocker line and upper fender line work really good on the dodge. I'm struggling for color ideas on my truck. My knee jerk color choice is just clean gloss white, but I just don't know. Feel free to pass on any ideas.

Keep up the good work...I will be watching your build!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:35 PM

Awesome, i'll keep checking to see the pics

I'll be looking around for a nice set of highway tires for this truck. I wanted to originally run the michelins on the highway, but they were are little to worn and old for the highway speeds I cruise at... Its just as well a 38.5x13.50R18 will be a heck of a lot smoother than an old military tire!...a lot lighter too!

White would look real nice, hides flaws in the body well. Silver hides great as well
Well it really depends on what you want. I got my inspiration from this Ramcharger.

Silver with clear on a satin black I got from R/T Hemi Challengers, Chargers, Cudas...was a popular paint scheme. I was originally going for a duller black so I could just carry around a can of black paint*touch ups* but this black turned out looking pretty sweet
White you say...what about white in all the areas I have black, with the sides done in a color of your choice? My truck was basically that paint scheme when I first got it, and it looked awesome!
Either way that truck would look badass even if you painted it pink.

Cheers
Old 05-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Here are a couple pictures of the paint scheme when I first bought the truck.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts
white is a good color. I like the marshmallow old school 70's white on trucks like on my '72 factory.. It looks nice when dirty, and nice when clean. Not sure how to describe it. Rugged and not *too* nice but very presentable and timeless. aka no gloss

P1000513.jpg?t=1273646665

Quick Reply: Project Started(Pictures!)