1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts
James1,

You guessed it, that was in Nashville near the Titans Stadium... parked right smack in a no parking zone! lol

I live in Franklin, KY but my company provides contract delivery service for FedEx Ground in 30 rural zip codes, based out of Nashville.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:32 PM

Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
Man, Butterball. That D250 sure is a nice find but, it does need a bit of body work.
I sure hope you can find someone who knows something about restoring old cars. Preferably, old Mopars.

-Niemand
Old 03-01-2018, 04:47 AM
KRB

Received 495 Likes on 349 Posts
I get down near you every now and then. Have a kid in college at Murray.

Shame you don't still have that crew, would have been a great candidate for a 6B!
The following users liked this post:
Butterball (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Received 2,373 Likes on 1,569 Posts
Originally Posted by Butterball
Thanks! It was a little overcast that day, the Barracuda is actually the brighter Limelight color. Mopar or No Car! lol
I thought it looked like the darker Sassy Grass green in the picture, which is the color my daughter and I picked for my bedroom. Her bedroom is Plum Crazy purple.

We are definitely Mopar or no Car at my shop too.
Butterball (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Yeah don't junk those doors, little sheet metal work and you can get um straight again. I was actually thinking about cutting my dodge bed and some how making it removable (bolt on) like the old chevy trucks.

Large panels like that are so easy to smooth out on a nice flat surface.
Butterball (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 1,331 Likes on 862 Posts
Originally Posted by bannerd
Yeah don't junk those doors, little sheet metal work and you can get um straight again. I was actually thinking about cutting my dodge bed and some how making it removable (bolt on) like the old chevy trucks.

I agree....I sold a couple beat up 68 superbee fenders years ago, they were rough, but rust free. Guy paid me darn good money since they were rust free.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
and no one repops the Bee fenders
Old 03-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
I agree....I sold a couple beat up 68 superbee fenders years ago, they were rough, but rust free. Guy paid me darn good money since they were rust free.
AH! Memories of my teenage years.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by KRB
I get down near you every now and then. Have a kid in college at Murray.

Shame you don't still have that crew, would have been a great candidate for a 6B!
I know, I know.... lol
Old 03-01-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by bannerd

Passenger door may be repairable, drivers door was folded forward at some time and the bottom area where the hinge bolts on has a sketchy repair.
Passenger door may be salvageable. Driver's fender isn't too bad. Bed is rust free, driver's side is not bad but passenger side is pretty trashed.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:53 PM

Received 1,331 Likes on 862 Posts
Passenger door may be repairable, drivers door was folded forward at some time and the bottom area where the hinge bolts on has a sketchy repair.
Passenger door may be salvageable. Driver's fender isn't too bad. Bed is rust free, driver's side is not bad but passenger side is pretty trashed.
If you have room I'd stash the parts away. I have a bunch of spare sheet metal for my trucks....fenders, hoods, doors, roof, inner fenders, rad supports etc. Just never know.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
If you have room I'd stash the parts away. I have a bunch of spare sheet metal for my trucks....fenders, hoods, doors, roof, inner fenders, rad supports etc. Just never know.
I bet in thirty years there will still be plenty of OEM parts sitting around, what we can't find will be available aftermarket, and I'll be tottering around with two marbles left rolling around in my skull. LOL

The bigger problem will be that nobody will be able to afford the insurance on these trucks because the new "driverless" cars will be safer.

Vehicles that require drivers will be deemed hazardous, and will be legislated and priced out of existence.

Enjoy them NOW, while we still can!
Old 03-02-2018, 06:55 AM

Received 262 Likes on 163 Posts
I bet in thirty years there will still be plenty of OEM parts sitting around, what we can't find will be available aftermarket, and I'll be tottering around with two marbles left rolling around in my skull. LOL

The bigger problem will be that nobody will be able to afford the insurance on these trucks because the new "driverless" cars will be safer.

Vehicles that require drivers will be deemed hazardous, and will be legislated and priced out of existence.

I'm thinking that's going to be awhile yet. I'm sure I will have succumbed to the inevitable by then.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

What do you insure? If that car crashes into another car it's not my fault.. I wasn't driving. Who will pay for my medical and the other persons when I didn't do it?

Is it really your car? Can you work on it? What about hauling a load? I can just GPS the truck to that persons house, have them load it and have that truck drive back? What happens when I check my phone and see my car that I was tracking caused a 20 car pile up because some moron didn't strap the cargo down? What happens when someone fires up an old arch welder and the EMF causes interruption with the electrical systems. Hey now, all cars need to comply with fcc interference

I'm a system engineer and the idea sounds awesome if humans and other life (animals) didn't exist. I'm also a naturalist and the future is scary. The Amish are ahead of our time. Few years ago a ladies car broke down and when I opened the hood it was all an electric motor(looked like my daughter powerwheels). Smoke was coming out of the car (under the drive seat floor pan). She asked the amish house across the road if she could hook up but they didn't have power(wouldn't want to..definitely would have blown.). After looking under her car it was pouring what I thought was water. After the tow truck came and hauled her away I never thought about it. Two years have gone by and the asphalt was destroyed. They patch it every year but that part of the road crumbles.

There will be a time, not in my lifetime.. where we will need to leave earth. Finding clean water is very hard. Some movies out there could be spot on.