Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   New Radiator time. Is this company for real? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/new-radiator-time-company-real-268341/)

BHD 04-18-2010 08:38 PM

New Radiator time. Is this company for real?

I need to get a new radiator in my non I/C truck, but want the cross flow I/C design. So I started shopping around and found a company called CompleteRadiators. The website price is like $240 with free shipping for a brass rad. Anyone else use this company??? They are close to $200 less than any shop close to home, just thinking too good to be true.

whosdunit 04-18-2010 09:08 PM

NEVER , heard of them ,get info., web. site ,i would like to look at them . thks.

TIMMY22 04-18-2010 09:17 PM

I heard they were in the $250 range locally.

The cross flow is a lot better, You will also have to change the core support around a little. The older style bolts like the gasser on the inside of the core support. The cross flow uses 2 perches with rubber grommets in the bottom of the core support. I welded them in and used the top mounts with the rubber posts on the top of the radiator.

BHD 04-18-2010 09:35 PM

I figured on some fab work to make it fit, but I will have a better set up in the end. I may even put in an electric fan instead of the belt driven fan, we'll see.

Montana2x2 04-18-2010 10:50 PM

An intercooled thermostat housing and hose make it easier but I have pieced togeather hoses to save buying the housing.

BHD 04-19-2010 02:39 PM

I have the I/C t-stat housing and fan shroud. Best price close to home is $286 + tax, so I guess I'll give them a try and let you guys know.

Redleg 04-25-2010 04:30 AM

The side fabbing is easy, it's the height that gets tricky, especially with adding the grommets down below. The fan will be real close and work, but think about getting the shorter fan spacer. My rear end locked up after I upgraded the radiator, leaving the stock spacer. The jolt (about 35 mph) caused the fan blade to catch the radiator.

Bob Beauchaine 04-25-2010 06:58 AM

Just looked them up at:

www.completeradiators.com

Decide for yourself.

Bob

Benjamin b2 04-25-2010 08:21 AM

napa sells remans, i bought one for the 93 for 247.00, comes with new rubber mounts and burp tank hose. works excellent.

rebal 04-25-2010 09:33 AM

I have dealt with the radiator barn many times always had good luck but you should be able to find one in town close to the same price.the I/C rad change is real east but the I/C fan hub is different so you might need to mod the shroud too

loch 04-25-2010 08:29 PM

Contrary to popular belief a cross flow does not cool better. Just get one made for your truck and be happy. Unless you just want to do a lot of fabbing. The cross flow radiators in Fairlanes were introduced to reduce over all height, providing for more streamlined frontal body shapes. There is no difference in cooling ability from down flow to cross flow design, they cool equally well.

rebal 04-25-2010 08:50 PM

the first gen non I/C rad was a bad design, the I/C rad is bigger and is a easy fit and will cost less then a custom fab one

TIMMY22 04-25-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by rebal (Post 2754702)
the first gen non I/C rad was a bad design, the I/C rad is bigger and is a easy fit and will cost less then a custom fab one

Could not agree more...

rlyons 05-09-2010 08:20 PM

Never used them but I have used www.radiator.com and they were great to deal with and will match any prices. Shipped overnight for free also.

zukota 05-10-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by rlyons (Post 2763677)
Never used them but I have used www.radiator.com and they were great to deal with and will match any prices. Shipped overnight for free also.

Another vote for Radiator.com. Used them about 5 or 6 years ago for a ford radiator. Excellent, product service and price.