1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

new member a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member a few questions

i bought my truck 6 months ago and use it primarely for hauling a camper and boat in very mountainous country. i go offroad to fish as well. it is not my daily driver. i would like to have better acceleration and more power on hills. while maintaining fuel economy. i do not want to tweek the truck to the point i will need expensive upgrades to the drivetrain. i also would like to replace my stock rims with alloy or stainless wheels and get some good all terrain tires.will wheels off newer dodge trucks fit? any suggestions on upgrades rims and tires would be appreciated. first purchace will be an antitheft system. next guages and air filter (suggestions?) thanks
Old 09-29-2004, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air intake and BHAF for a filter/larger madrel bent exhaust. the 16cm turbo housing/ and you should love the driveability of the truck after that.

jiMMy
Old 09-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
If it's not a dually you can run rims off a newer Dodge.

Check out the "tech facts" section of the site for info on getting more power out of the truck, or just poke around in this forum for a while.

The 16 cm turbine housing and some mild pump tweaks will make the truck more fun for very little $$. Then you can do air filter and exhaust as needed to keep the EGT under control.

You don't start hurting fuel economy until you put in big injectors, the pump tweaking doesn't hurt unless you have a real heavy foot.

<edit> I'm running AutoMeter Z-series gauges. I like them fine, they match the factory gauges best IMO. I'm partial to the BHAF, you can find part #'s in the "tech facts" section and a mount template in Bumpytruck's gallery.