Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   new headlight switch Now no parking lights (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/new-headlight-switch-now-no-parking-lights-147665/)

diesel fuel 04-22-2007 03:30 PM

new headlight switch Now no parking lights

I was driving home and the headlights turned off then on again then off and on . Sounded
like a circuit breaker tripin somewhere under dash or hood . So I changed the head light
switch and now I have no parking lights . when I turn the H Lights on they work but no
other light do . I can pull the switch about half way from off and parking and the lights
come on but if I pull to first or second click they go off . Thank you for your BRIGHT ideas

wannadiesel 04-22-2007 04:11 PM

Sounds like a bad switch.

diesel fuel 04-22-2007 05:43 PM

Hi Dave , I just tried a new switch again . Still no parking . Thanks

diesel fuel 04-22-2007 05:57 PM

Can you bypass the light switch and put two toggle switches in . One for the headlights
and one for parking lights . If so what wires go together . When I get time I will just buy a
new harness and do it right a few years from now ha. Thanks

wannadiesel 04-22-2007 07:34 PM

My guess is that you popped the parking light fuse while changing switches. Check that fuse.

A dime in the cigarette lighter pops the parking light fuse very nicely, too.

diesel fuel 04-22-2007 09:45 PM

Thank You Dave For The Help ...you Are The Man You Fixed My Problem . I Checked That Fuse And It Looked Good . I Then Put A New Fuse In And It Worked . I Now Can See The Light ...thanks Dave And Dtr

GIT-R-DONE 04-22-2007 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1473490)
My guess is that you popped the parking light fuse while changing switches. Check that fuse.

Funny, I had that happen to me as well, you get that from experience too?

Underpsi 04-22-2007 11:58 PM

Speaking of headlight switches how do you get the black nob on the end off so you can take the black plastic piece that its atatched to on the dash off?

Chrisreyn 04-23-2007 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Underpsi (Post 1473929)
Speaking of headlight switches how do you get the black nob on the end off so you can take the black plastic piece that its atatched to on the dash off?

IF you reach up to the bottom rear of the switch, there is a littel spring loaded button.. depress it and pull the switch lever out... its a clip type lock that holds the lever in...
If need be, look at a new switch and you'll see it, makes it easier to find .

wannadiesel 04-23-2007 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE (Post 1473819)

Originally Posted by wannadiesel (Post 1473490)

Funny, I had that happen to me as well, you get that from experience too?

Yep, on my old '85. Took me about a week to figure it out. [duhhh]