1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 10:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shelby/Dakota
Coffeeaddict, Here is a lift similar to what my dad got since he didnt have enough room for a traditional two post.
https://www.eagleequip.com/product/M...AaAj82EALw_wcB
These trucks are probably pushing the factor of safety on the lift ( I haven't put my truck on) but id think it'd be fine to take it high enough to pull a tire etc.Just a convienent option for smaller shops.
That looks like a nice unit for the price, thanks! I've got a 1 tonne dually. I'm not sure what it weighs. I need to do a dump run with it and see.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Received 1,331 Likes on 862 Posts
I have two 20amp "future" circuits run up into the top of the front and rear gables.....for a future flood light, exhaust fan (if I decide I need one) or ??? Both are on their own switches as well.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:07 PM

Nice you won't regret that! I did sheet the bottom of my walls in plywood and the top in steel so I could remove them but always nice to think it through the first time!
Old 07-03-2019, 02:21 AM

Little update...been slow since I hurt my arm at work and been doing physio and trying to get better. But I got all the building wrap on and taped up, and then all the trim around the doors and windows and have started putting the siding up. To take it easy on my still hurt parts I am only putting one row of siding up per day...that I actually have time to do it.

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-4uvo2ogh.jpg
The following 5 users liked this post by thrashingcows:
Blue Goose (07-03-2019), Diesel_Dawg (08-25-2019), edwinsmith (07-03-2019), NJTman (07-04-2019), nonrev (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by thrashingcows
Little update...been slow since I hurt my arm at work and been doing physio and trying to get better. But I got all the building wrap on and taped up, and then all the trim around the doors and windows and have started putting the siding up. To take it easy on my still hurt parts I am only putting one row of siding up per day...that I actually have time to do it.

Man U got her on the down hill side now looks good I like the size wish I could have built one that big when built mine nice job
The following 2 users liked this post by Gunch:
nonrev (07-03-2019), thrashingcows (07-03-2019)
Old 07-03-2019, 07:30 AM

Received 365 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunch
...nice job
Indeed......Ben
The following users liked this post:
thrashingcows (07-03-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 01:04 AM

Shop is looking good! Sorry to hear about your arm, judging by the date you should almost be done? My neighbor just went and picked up the parts for his lift!

I broke down at McDonalds again last week. Must be an annual tradition, but got it going without having to pushing it out the DT! I still haven't done anything to the truck, but am enjoying it as my DD!

Hope you're having a good summer. Nice to see you got on a road trip and looks like you escaped the rain!!
Old 08-22-2019, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Coffeeaddict
Shop is looking good! Sorry to hear about your arm, judging by the date you should almost be done? My neighbor just went and picked up the parts for his lift!

I broke down at McDonalds again last week. Must be an annual tradition, but got it going without having to pushing it out the DT! I still haven't done anything to the truck, but am enjoying it as my DD!

Hope you're having a good summer. Nice to see you got on a road trip and looks like you escaped the rain!!
Just came to the site to update this thread and there it was at the top of the list....Thanks!! Wish the shop was almost done but the injuries have been more persistent in their lack of healing then I had hoped so it's been very slow going.

Anyway the update....

Decided I needed to get the soffit done. Wish I had researched soffit installation before I put of my fascia tin....made the installation of the soffit a bit more problematic, just had to slide it in from one side and then shift it along....took a bunch of extra time but I got it done.

Quick and dirty Jig I made up to cut the soffit tin to the length I needed....

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-zcfmuuxh.jpg

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-n1kuurgh.jpg

Back side of shop...

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-bgslju9h.jpg
Old 08-22-2019, 04:12 AM

Got the two long sides of the shop finished today so now it's just the gable ends to finish up next week.

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-masobnah.jpg

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-vxggj2mh.jpg

My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)-dagrlnxh.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by thrashingcows:
Blue Goose (08-23-2019), Diesel_Dawg (08-25-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 04:21 AM

Next on the list is to get the fireplace in before winter gets here...heck we are pretty much into fall weather now, it was 3*C at the house the other night!! I have the old wood burning stove my Father purchased back in 1984 to heat our Mobile home, but after discussions with a local fireplace shop and then the regional district inspector who has to sign off on the install I was told that I can not use it since it does not meet even the minimum EPA standards required for wood burning stoves in Canada, so I had to purchased a brand new wood burner today.

Sad that I could not use my Fathers old stove, but in the bigger picture probably for the best to install a new stove. The old stove, if I would have been allowed to use it required 36" clearances to combustible materials and would have had the stove sitting out in the shop floor at a ridiculous location, new one is 8" clearance to combustibles!
The following 2 users liked this post by thrashingcows:
Blue Goose (08-23-2019), nonrev (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 PM

Looks great! I did the same thing with soffit. What did you do to your arm. I also don't heal like I used to! I've recently got on to CBD as I can't take Tylenol and it works ok, but is too expensive so I usually just ignore it as best I can!

Yea it's crazy about wood burners now! There were 3 house fires out by me last year and I'd have to assume none met insurance standards, as two are still as were, and one was tore down and property sold. Not worth the risk! Get a little fan above the new stove and things will be nice and toasty!
thrashingcows (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 06:14 AM

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
How do you like that size garage? I'm thinking about extending my small barn so I can get all the dodge stuff in there. Just not sure on the size and I don't want something huge but I also want something with plenty of storage. Currently right now I'm packed full of old evinrude/dodge crap that I collect.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:25 PM

I currently have my old wagon, a neon and the K-car, couple Kayaks etc in there, with all the stuff for construction in a disorganized mess.....and i still have room to pull the truck in and work on it if I need to....so I think it will be a great work space once finished and organized.
Blue Goose (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Coffeeaddict
Looks great! I did the same thing with soffit. What did you do to your arm. I also don't heal like I used to! I've recently got on to CBD as I can't take Tylenol and it works ok, but is too expensive so I usually just ignore it as best I can!

Yea it's crazy about wood burners now! There were 3 house fires out by me last year and I'd have to assume none met insurance standards, as two are still as were, and one was tore down and property sold. Not worth the risk! Get a little fan above the new stove and things will be nice and toasty!
Right Wrist is still recovering from the injury I did back at the end of December, and the left elbow I hurt at work back in april....slow healing on both!

Wow 3 house fires due to wood burners....that's not good. Just because you live in the regional district doesn't mean you don't have to follow the rules and laws. Yeah I am a little sad that I couldn't use my Fathers old stove, but for the relatively small extra cost of the new stove and the knowledge that I will have a safe set-up it's a small price really for peace of mind.
Coffeeaddict (08-26-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 08:01 PM

Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts
doesn't matter how big a shop you put up...it fills up fast.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blue Goose:
nonrev (08-24-2019), thrashingcows (08-24-2019)

Quick Reply: My new 32x48 1st Gen Storage Facility.... ;)