1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Moog, Mevotech & Quick Steer front end parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
I got to check my brakes today at 60 MPH on Highway 80 west bound at the Rocklin Rd on ramp some IDIOT coming onto the highway it a contractors van decided he would dive into traffic going 60-65 MPH going about 30 MPH I was boxed in on the left and had them locked up and coming at him pretty fast. I thought I had him. Any who the old Dodge slowed down pretty straight. I would have hit him for sure with the old anti-lock and vacuum brakes.
My wife called the phone number so conveniently plastered on the back of the van and reported what he had done to his manager. probably wont do any good though.
I wonder if a dashcam video could be used to make a citizens arrest of those bozo's for negligent driving.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:24 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
I wonder if a dashcam video could be used to make a citizens arrest of those bozo's for negligent driving.
AT least you would have evidence.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
I don't know about Ca., but citizens arrest can only be used on felonies. When I went through the police academy (for fire investigator) they taught us that the police have no more power to arrest a felon than any other citizen, they are just better trained and equipped for it. Besides, some of those felons are pretty bad and dangerous. Even though I could have done it myself, I always took the police with me when I was going to make an arrest. After all, I was just a dumb fireman with a gun and a badge. ...Mark
Old 06-21-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368
I don't know about Ca., but citizens arrest can only be used on felonies. When I went through the police academy (for fire investigator) they taught us that the police have no more power to arrest a felon than any other citizen, they are just better trained and equipped for it. Besides, some of those felons are pretty bad and dangerous. Even though I could have done it myself, I always took the police with me when I was going to make an arrest. After all, I was just a dumb fireman with a gun and a badge. ...Mark
You're probably right. But there should be some mechanism for letting the bozo know that he did a bad thing.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
You're probably right. But there should be some mechanism for letting the bozo know that he did a bad thing.
In Hermosillo here in Mexico, they started a "bad parking" shaming column in the paper, where idiots that park on the line or in the middle of the street get their picture taken by the other driver and is posted. Maybe a dash cam is a good idea and a u-tube channel to shame them. In my old age, I just assume that the other guy is going to do something stupid...Mark
Old 06-21-2017, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368
In Hermosillo here in Mexico, they started a "bad parking" shaming column in the paper, where idiots that park on the line or in the middle of the street get their picture taken by the other driver and is posted. Maybe a dash cam is a good idea and a u-tube channel to shame them. In my old age, I just assume that the other guy is going to do something stupid...Mark
I'm the same way. I assume the other drivers are all idiots until it's proven otherwise. Your YouTube Idea is a good one though. Post the video and maybe there would be some feedback.

I have to put notes on my neighbors cars when they block my driveway. The house next door has 15 people living in it and every one of them has a beater to park on the street.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
I got to check my brakes today at 60 MPH on Highway 80 west bound at the Rocklin Rd on ramp some IDIOT coming onto the highway it a contractors van decided he would dive into traffic going 60-65 MPH going about 30 MPH I was boxed in on the left and had them locked up and coming at him pretty fast. I thought I had him. Any who the old Dodge slowed down pretty straight. I would have hit him for sure with the old anti-lock and vacuum brakes.
My wife called the phone number so conveniently plastered on the back of the van and reported what he had done to his manager. probably wont do any good though.
Hey, you did the right thing, calling in. Those companies that plaster their number on the company vehicles like to hear how their employees are advertising the company logo. He probably has a GPS installed in that van, too. 3 years ago when. Worked for Johnson Controls, one of the pipe fitters got called in by a driver, for what reason. Don't know. Apparently it was the guys second call on his driving. The company punished him, by making him drive out to all employees with company trucks, in his own personal vehicle, and spend an hour with each guy, doing a drive with the other employee, sort of like a driving school instructor would. He had to go thru all the laws with the employee, on driving.
His third strike, if he ever got called again, was to get in the unemployment line. Another time, I witnessed another service tech get fired, cause the branch manager saw him on his phone while driving, and eating a burger. No warning, nothing.

Hey, I guess you tested your Hydroboost today. Still needing to add a proportioning valve?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:18 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Can you say "The Star Chamber?" That's what we need!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
I'd be careful w just keep a cheap part greased.. ball joints you are taking your life in your own hands w a highway failure. Take a pocket knife to the metal. If you can carve it.. return it asap.