Interior - Club cab wall carpet covering - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Interior - Club cab wall carpet covering

Old 02-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #1  

Interior - Club cab wall carpet covering

Anybody found replacements for the interior wall carpet coverings in a Club cab. Also what is color according to Dodge. My 92 has an orangey tan color interior panels. Exterior was two tone champagne and burgundy but is now solid blue streak metallic that the new models are available with.

Or anybody with different ideas for covering those areas. Also wanted to insulate and sound deaden those areas before the carpet covering goes back up.

Thanks!!
FrustratedFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #2  

I used the rear cab carpet from the clubcab donor on my crewcab. I used some good 2 sided tape and installed some figerglass type sound deadening first, then the carpet.

Just call a carpet supply company and get a few square feet of carpet and you can cut it to size.
thrashingcows is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thrashingcows For This Useful Post:
FrustratedFirst (02-14-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #3  

Your interior color is called "Spice." The 1993 First Gens were offered with only three interior colors -- red, gray, and tan. I assume the same applied for the 1992 trucks.

The attached .pdf file shows the exterior and interior colors available for all Dodge trucks and Jeeps in 1992.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PPG_Paint_Codes_Dodge_trucks_1992.pdf (250.1 KB, 12 views)
james1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to james1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #4  

I did this on my club cab and this was my learning experience:
1. the glue they used to glue the carpet on is the strongest stuff I've ever seen. In removing it, I "oil canned" the sides of the extended portion of the cab- luckily no creases or dents -but be careful
2. that saem glue will leave a residue that makes it difficult to get a smoooth surface for something like dynamat to adhere to. Would still attempt to remove as much as possible with a hair dryer or heat gun on LOW and a plastic scraper.
3. Would then use dynamat xtreme or similar or dynapad (but its really thick, almost too thick fo this area)
4. Carpet is easy- buy by the yard from places like stockinteriors.com in the color you want.
5. use 3M 8090 for your adhesive for the new stuff- or something very heavy duty

I put ez cool on my club cab which is great for heat but useless for noise and vibration. I have to remove all of it this summer and put some damping layers down. This truck is gonna ruin my hearing
jerseybud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jerseybud For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2018, 09:02 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1 View Post
Your interior color is called "Spice." The 1993 First Gens were offered with only three interior colors -- red, gray, and tan. I assume the same applied for the 1992 trucks.

The attached .pdf file shows the exterior and interior colors available for all Dodge trucks and Jeeps in 1992.
My 92 has a blue interior. My 89 had the same color.
Angry Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angry Johnny For This Useful Post:
FrustratedFirst (02-14-2018), james1 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Johnny View Post
My 92 has a blue interior. My 89 had the same color.
Thanks; that's good to know. I think it was Wannadiesel who told me that the 1993 First Gen CTDs were offered in three interior colors only (red, gray, & tan). I'm sure the Jeeps and Dakotas had more options. Perhaps the half-ton pickups did as well?

About a decade ago I found and purchased a set of OEM carpeted floor mats from a Dodge dealer in Mississippi -- in a 1991 interior color called "tundra" (which is sort of an olive drab).
james1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to james1 For This Useful Post: