1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

I have the worst luck

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the worst luck

Well on my way home from work last night I hit a pole head on and tore the truck up pretty bad. It was raining like crazy and I was pullin an empty trailer. The left lane was flooded and I was in the right lane. The cars in the left lane threw water on my windshield more than the wipers could handle. I let off the gas and when the water cleared the van infront of me was stopped. I hit the breaks and the rear wheels locked up so i let off the breaks and started steering just as i started to get it under control the guy behind me bumped the trailer. Then I was completly out of control I hit a pole right smack in the middle of the grille. The trailer jacked around and hit the right rear quater panel and pished it in like a foot and destroyed the rear fender. The guy that bumped me just backed up went around me and kept right on going I never even got a tag number. So the old girl is outa commission again. This time I am building a real bumper this is the second one I tore up. Now I need a grille, bumper, rad, condensor, fan,and a right rear dually flare. I ordered the rad today and it will be in tomorrow they went by the vin and said it was the right one but they didnt know if it was down or cross flow. Sorry for the long post but I am frusterated. Atleast the cop didnt give me any tickets.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Sorry to hear what happened. At Least it sounds like you didn't get hurt and that's good. There used to some dually fenders in the classifieds don't know if ther still there. I just bought a front grille from here,

http://www.rockauto.com/ for decent price, but they don't have the dodge lettering
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Onemoparnut
Atleast the cop didnt give me any tickets.
And nobody died.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Banned

oh man that sux, hope you are ok, ya call the cops about the guy that hit and ran on ya ? bet you are fealin sore about now, take it slow, trucks are easier to rebuild than people.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Yea I am a little sore and I got a big lump on my head from the window I think. I didnt even tell the cops about the other guy there would be nothing they could do anyway. I didnt even get his tag man I am so mad at myself.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:41 PM

This time I am building a real bumper this is the second one I tore up.
sometimes those bumpers twisting saves the frame from twisting. i used to want a stout bumper myself but i've been thinking lately that i dont want a bumper thats stouter than the frame.

anyway at least no one was killed. its too bad about the jerk that rear ended you. it seems this was mostly his fault
Old 08-13-2009, 08:43 PM

the bastard
Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sucks bill

Let me know what you need in the way of parts, I know where a 93 Diesel w350 truck is in a junkyard about an hour from me, it had the i/c core support, condenser and the grille was like %70 and i got the intercooler out of it.

ad removed

coming very close to making an ad outta this.... more than close...
Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeepsuck
sometimes those bumpers twisting saves the frame from twisting. i used to want a stout bumper myself but i've been thinking lately that i dont want a bumper thats stouter than the frame.
Someone on here whose name I forget just had that happen a few months ago as I recall, the bumper stayed intact and wrecked the frame instead.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM

This time I am building a real bumper this is the second one I tore up.
That sux, you need something like this. It has been Tahoe tested and passed with flying colors!!! There were wrinkles in the drivers floor pan of the Tahoe that took it in the rear, after I got hit by a F600 service truck. The Tahoe, 2 more cars in front of it and the F600 all went on the wrecker, I drove home.

Name:  Bumper2s.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  Bumper1s-1.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  69.6 KB
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Machinos
Someone on here whose name I forget just had that happen a few months ago as I recall, the bumper stayed intact and wrecked the frame instead.
I think you're talking about "65fury." He had the '95 engine in a 1st Gen body.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 AM

Be happy your OK.

I have a good fan and clutch if needed.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea hang an oversized bumper over the front so that way when you hit something it'll just bend the frame its mounted to
Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Thanks mike mc but I have my stock fan and clutch still cause I converted to an electric fan a few months back.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrExtreme
That sux, you need something like this. It has been Tahoe tested and passed with flying colors!!! There were wrinkles in the drivers floor pan of the Tahoe that took it in the rear, after I got hit by a F600 service truck. The Tahoe, 2 more cars in front of it and the F600 all went on the wrecker, I drove home.

did you build that yourself or did you buy it, just wondering if you have some sort of steel list i could figure out what its made of or maybe a place where i could buy one, it is exactly what i have been wanting to build.

Quick Reply: I have the worst luck