Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Holy grails (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/holy-grails-332198/)

twichit 07-01-2019 11:44 AM

Holy grails

Hey been a while im looking at a 93 club cab dually 4x4 5speed black paint red interior. Has an exshust brake on it and looks like a hair over 300k. Not a lot of rust from the pictures it looks like it just minor minor surface browning( lol ). My question is are the grail trucks worth 15,500 or I have been out of the loop too long?

oliver foster 07-01-2019 11:57 AM

The trucks that are commonly referred to as the holy grail trucks are the three month only 12V quad cabs that came through in '98. It is the only way to get a 12V and rear opening quad cab doors and the newer interior...other than build one yourself.

The '93s are just like the '92.

If I was looking at spending $15,000+ on a 1st gen truck it had better be really nice.

A truck with 300,000 miles AND an exhaust brake most likely towed a lot, and may not of had the easiest life.
It would come down to how clean is it. Is it re-painted and hiding body work, or actually clean?

Then how well maintained is it?

If I was going to drop that sort of cash on a Cummins truck I would get one from out west, or way down south.

It says your location is "white trash junction"...is that White River Junction on the VT/NH border?...I.E solidly in the rust belt?

twichit 07-01-2019 12:07 PM

Yes my former local was white river I smartened up and bailed out I'm south pa now. The truck was something I spotted south west of me and it seems clean I was thinking 13k was more its value. It is on a car lot and they also have a handful of other first gems that seem more reasonable on price

oliver foster 07-01-2019 12:19 PM

That being said I would ask $15,000 for my " regular old" '91.0 regular cab W-250, as it is basically a rust free west coast rig that I have upgraded everything from the engine, transmission with fresh South Bend clutch, re sealed NP-205, ETC.
The front axle was completely rebuild using Spicer parts, the Getrag was completely gone through, VE injection pump rebuild and then tuned carefully by myself. The fuel system gone through from tank to HVLP, driveshafts rebuild, and the wiring basically redone with upgraded LED head lights. The rear suspension was completely modified for a much better ride with a mild 2 inch lift and nice 35 inch BFG tires... ETC. The interior and seat where replaced along with rubber door / window seals, ETC as well.

It really depends on the trucks shape and condition more than the package it was ordered from the factory with, when a truck is 25+ years old

twichit 07-01-2019 01:18 PM

That was what I was thinking but I also wanted to ask so I could get a plan ready ...gotta love used car salesmen lol

maybe368 07-01-2019 03:01 PM

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, no more no less. I have seen people pay stupid money for nostalgic reasons, but it isn't stupid to them. That said, I think some sellers get silly ideas about value. I had a '62 fairlane, original AZ car, factory Ac (the unit actually said Ford on it). It was a 3000 dollar car all day long, mostly because there are very few people searching for a '62 Fairlane. These Cummins trunks are kind of becoming legendary to people that would not normally even consider such things and I believe that that does as much to increase value as condition. Another thing, what is this rust stuff that you're talking about? :D ...Mark

Fordzilla 07-01-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by maybe368 (Post 3362061)
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, no more no less. I have seen people pay stupid money for nostalgic reasons, but it isn't stupid to them.

Dang! I didn't know anyone was watching...I need to be more careful...[whistle]...Ben

thrashingcows 07-01-2019 04:46 PM

15K is a fair price for a completely rust free truck...but by the sounds of it the one your looking at is not going tobe that. I would be crawling all over it looking for rust that is hiding....and it is most likely there to be found. If it is rusty under neath the "shine" then I would think it is more a 10K truck.

Foxmxrcer 07-01-2019 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by twichit (Post 3362057)
Yes my former local was white river I smartened up and bailed out I'm south pa now. The truck was something I spotted south west of me and it seems clean I was thinking 13k was more its value. It is on a car lot and they also have a handful of other first gems that seem more reasonable on price

What dealership or area of pa? I know a lot of the South Central PA dealers... Might be able to help if I do know them. Or by "South West", are you talking out of state?

KRB 07-02-2019 02:44 AM

Seems like any extended cab 4X4 in good shape that I see advertised starts at $15K. Whether they actually get that or not is another thing. Add the duals and who knows?

But then you also have to deduct $10K for the red interior...

tbarbee1 07-23-2019 08:01 PM

93 W350 5spd 4x4 72,000 miles

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...2b3211c02.jpeg
I agree with the idea is that something is worth whatever its worth to you. I found the truck in the title its the only one ton I have found that compares to it. I was willing to give $25,500. I would give it again in a heartbeat. The truck was completely unmolested with all tamper plugs and caps still on the pump and the factory exhaust intact.

KRB 07-24-2019 04:03 AM

Isn't that about what they cost new?

Truck looks really nice BTW. Hard to find a 25 year old work horse that's still original, almost impossible I'd say.

NJTman 07-24-2019 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by tbarbee1 (Post 3362945)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.die...2b3211c02.jpeg
I agree with the idea is that something is worth whatever its worth to you. I found the truck in the title its the only one ton I have found that compares to it. I was willing to give $25,500. I would give it again in a heartbeat. The truck was completely unmolested with all tamper plugs and caps still on the pump and the factory exhaust intact.

If that's the truck, ( it's obvious it's not a black truck) and it's actually rust free, I'd say go for it. If I bought that rig, it would never see a day in winter on the roads here.

tbarbee1 07-24-2019 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by KRB (Post 3362953)
Isn't that about what they cost new?

Truck looks really nice BTW. Hard to find a 25 year old work horse that's still original, almost impossible I'd say.

Yes it is the sticker is in the glove box it was priced at $28,000 after rebates I think they gave $26k