1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 06:53 PM

Received 535 Likes on 391 Posts
Hopefully this pic came thru. All that’s left is paint, and that’s my wife’s task.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Maybe now this’ll come in.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:44 PM

Received 1,038 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by bigragu
Yo! Hey, Edwin! Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of those tests, and if you don’t mind, explain it to me in more laymen’s terms. I am not understanding what the tests are for specifically.

Can you believe, I haven’t driven my truck in so long? It’s probably close to two years or a few months before. Do you recall when I converted to hydroboost brakes, had the problems of lock up at the rears, and in the end had the brake light in the dash stay on? Well, I came up with three plans to get all that fixed, invested in specialized tools to fabricate kick butt brake lines and flares, have all the materials to fix it, then my aches just kept getting worse. I decided that the truck will have to be put on hold, till I’m fixed and agile again.

I’ll try and post up a pic of adarondack chairs I built for my wife. I was going stir crazy with nothing to do, and with surgery a month away I found myself just chewing on my fingernails, staring out the window.

My wife asked if I could build four chairs, with out hurting myself, and just taking my time. I had never built an adarondack chair before, so I figured I’d try my hand at it. When they were finally done, I had a week before surgery and realized that was what I needed. Something to feel good about, a feeling of self worth. The future problem I have now, is my wife had shown pics of my progress from start to finish to her co workers, and so now they all want one or two.
Augie:

The test for RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) is a simple blood test and I'm sure your doctor has don it somewhere along the line but you can ask him/her to be sure.

For HLA-B27 see here... https://labtestsonline.org/tests/hla-b27 and here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-B27

Ankylosing spondylitis is explained here... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis

If you've ever heard of Lupus which is a very severe form of Autoimmune disease just be glad if you don't have IT.

There are many many autoimmune diseases which are your body becoming sensitized in some way and your immune system starts attacking your own tissues.

I am not a doctor but I have been studying this stuff ever since I found out I have AS but it seems that your problems are more than simple overwork. You have an inflammatory condition going on and you should be asking your doctor about it. A little soreness is normal but the human body has a wonderful ability to adapt to stress and becomes stronger. But sometimes there are processes going on that just can't be dismissed as simple aches and pains.

Good luck and I would love to see pics of those chairs.

I also become despondent and feel worthless because I can't do much anymore. I am fully disabled and I live on Social Security and a VA pension but I do stuff anyway around the house and I work on my truck as much as possible. Just laying around sucks which is why I had to go drive the truck down the 405 today.

But Augie, you're NOT worthless. Every life has value and I would say that you've more than paid your dues.

Edwin
Old 04-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)-attach54568_20180404_213224.jpg

Picture that Augie wanted to post.
The following 2 users liked this post by Foxmxrcer:
bigragu (04-12-2018), mknittle (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
Maybe now this’ll come in.
Here are the pictures Augie can't get to post. I think I will make a set of these!
Attached Thumbnails Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)-img_0649.jpg   Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)-img_0650.jpg   Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)-img_0656.jpg   Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)-img_0657.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by mknittle:
1STGENFARMBOY (04-06-2018), bigragu (04-12-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Foxmxrcer
Attachment 76655

Picture that Augie wanted to post.
That looks painful.At least for a while.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:54 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
That looks painful.At least for a while.
I keep calling him "auginator"... Like the Terminator
The following 3 users liked this post by Foxmxrcer:
bigragu (04-12-2018), edwinsmith (04-04-2018), mknittle (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Yo! Hey, Edwin! Thanks for the reply. I have never heard of those tests, and if you don’t mind, explain it to me in more laymen’s terms. I am not understanding what the tests are for specifically.

Can you believe, I haven’t driven my truck in so long? It’s probably close to two years or a few months before. Do you recall when I converted to hydroboost brakes, had the problems of lock up at the rears, and in the end had the brake light in the dash stay on? Well, I came up with three plans to get all that fixed, invested in specialized tools to fabricate kick butt brake lines and flares, have all the materials to fix it, then my aches just kept getting worse. I decided that the truck will have to be put on hold, till I’m fixed and agile again.

I’ll try and post up a pic of adarondack chairs I built for my wife. I was going stir crazy with nothing to do, and with surgery a month away I found myself just chewing on my fingernails, staring out the window.

My wife asked if I could build four chairs, with out hurting myself, and just taking my time. I had never built an adarondack chair before, so I figured I’d try my hand at it. When they were finally done, I had a week before surgery and realized that was what I needed. Something to feel good about, a feeling of self worth. The future problem I have now, is my wife had shown pics of my progress from start to finish to her co workers, and so now they all want one or two.
Refine the design and build templates. That kind of thing is a lot of fun.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Thanks, Mark and Jake. Thanks a bunch!
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 05:01 AM
KRB

Received 495 Likes on 349 Posts
Wow man. Glad to hear you are on the healing side now. Thanks for the long post and pictures.

That's a lot to go through.

Hang in there brother!
The following 2 users liked this post by KRB:
bigragu (04-12-2018), mknittle (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 05:07 AM

Thanks, Mark and Jake. Thanks a bunch!
Anytime.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
Augie,
Good to hear from ya. I see the wife's spent no time getting you on the honey do list. lol
The following 2 users liked this post by nascar mark:
bigragu (04-05-2018), mknittle (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by edwinsmith
The problem with Vicodin is the Acetaminophen they put in it. It poisons your liver so you have to be careful with it.
I used to believe this too, and it is true at over three grams per day. I see my hepatologist twice a year after having Hep-C for 40 years, now cured with Harvoni.I am just a smidgen from sclerosis as a result. I was taking Advil and aspirin for bone and joint pain and my Hepatologist said that Tylenol is the EASIEST of the OTC pain killers on the liver, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TAKE MORE THAN 3 GRAMS A DAY. I did her 1 better and never take more than 2 grams/day. Over that amount and it can do significant liver damage...Mark
The following 3 users liked this post by maybe368:
bigragu (04-12-2018), Bob L (04-06-2018), nonrev (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by mknittle
Refine the design and build templates. That kind of thing is a lot of fun.
You are correct. I have an ex coworker rounding me up some scrap lengths of 28 gage sheet metal that I plan on making templates for every piece of that chair so that they are easily traceable onto wood.

I took a lot of notes on my angle calculations and how I figured out that top back support that the back rest planks are attached to. Calculating that radius cut at an angled miter was the toughest part of those chairs. I had to resort to sheet metal pattern layout to figure it out.
mknittle (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:21 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by nascar mark
Augie,
Good to hear from ya. I see the wife's spent no time getting you on the honey do list. lol
LOL! Yeah, but she is worth it. Just spending the day today with her for my first post operation appointment with my Dr, she had earned every part of those chairs and then some, getting me in and out onto a wheelchair, parking, elevators, etc.

Had to have x-rays taken so the Dr could see if all his handy work was still in place today. He was very happy with what he saw. The one thing he did, that I did not know and amazes me, was he created the proper curvature to my low back that I was not born with. The average, proper low back has an outward curve from ones back towards ones front, like a lazy “S”. I had a straight spine, which is not correct, and caused me bad posture for years. You combine that with tool bags weighing at around 50 lbs at the waist, then I understand where the aches come in. Well, let’s say after 55 years I now have the correct spinal curve, thanks to him.
mknittle (04-06-2018)

Quick Reply: Get well wishes for Augie(bigragu)