Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Fuel additive (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/fuel-additive-44677/)

jiMMyCTD 05-19-2004 03:15 PM

Fuel additive

ok ok, i know im floding the forum with questions.

but i noticed most of the fuel additives i have found that you folks use are located online by ordering. are there any goo dones i can pick up a parts store? i hate ordering stuff cuz i rarly get it because i am never home at my place when ups comes by. i like to get things right when i pay for them. price i pay for living in an apartment for the time being.

so back to my question, anyone use anything that can be picke dup at a parts store locally? gracias in advance. back to me researching.

jiMMy

wannadiesel 05-19-2004 03:17 PM

Plenty of people swear by Power Service. Even Wally-Mart has it.

Craig93 05-19-2004 03:29 PM

I'm using Stanadyne Performance Formula. I'm buying it by the case from a local diesel injection service shop in town. Anything like that in your area?

jiMMyCTD 05-19-2004 03:32 PM

im sure theres something like that, ill have to browse the phone book when i get home from work.

wannadiesel 05-19-2004 03:36 PM

Stanadyne has a dealer locator on their website.

Alec 05-19-2004 04:49 PM

PS has methyl alcohol in it, doesn't it??

I would probably burn Marvel mystery oil before PS -- BUT, I could be wrong about Power Service.

I run Stanadyne. You can get it at any pump shop that services stanadyne pumps . . . I admit, tho, I order it over the web . . .

Jeremy Cusick 05-19-2004 05:42 PM

Alec, I'm not sure about the regular Power service (the white jug), but the Diesel Kleen (grey jug) does NOT have any alcohol in it. I don't think the white jug does either, but I'm not 100% on it. :D

Jeremy Cusick 05-19-2004 05:48 PM

Oh, and Pilot truck stops have the Diesel Kleen... I think it's still on sale for $9.99 a jug, too!:D

uncleroty 05-20-2004 11:20 AM

I use the stuff you get right from cummins. Can't remember the name off hand though. Stanadyne also works well.

TurboAZ 05-20-2004 11:48 PM

Fuel additive

Using Stanadyne Performance Formula, have been for 3+ years or so. Use it all year round. Have no complaints.

Jim

Dieseldude4x4 05-21-2004 05:58 AM

This is one of those things that some people swear by it and some people swear at it. You have to do what makes you feel good and I believe that the manual says that a fuel additive is not necessary but it doesn't say not to use on either. I personally run Power Service, a quart about every second or third fill up.

Commatoze 05-21-2004 06:02 AM

I purchase 5 gallon cans of Stanadyne PF from a nearby diesel shop, and save lots over smaller quantities.

canucktrucks 05-21-2004 04:36 PM

LUCAS

I really like the Lucas product, it say's its an injector cleaner, but if you read the small story on the bottle it does have a lubricant in it.... It's real thick and I dont beleave it has any alcohol in it..........But every pump shop I talk to, say's you cant beat the Stanadyne product....