1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

First Gen Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
3 different guys with the power jokes all came up to me, over the course of a week or so, and said....

Wow, nice truck ! I wish mine got that fuel mileage.....

Tee hee hee.....

T Man!

I guess now would be a bad time to tell you that I own a 2003 Super Duty Crew Lariat 4x4 with a 7.3 and 100-K on the clock?

Knock em all you want Buddy, but that truck rides way better than Max does!

Now for the disclaimer:

My wife had major spinal surgery. Max is a “no can do” truck for her because it is uncomfortable and causes her a good deal of pain.

Before her surgery, I LOVED taking her around in Max because her impressive twins would dance so nicely (I am a dirty old man) and I would purposely hit speed bumps fast and go through pot holes any chance I could!

Okay, I put on my Flack Jacket, let me have it!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by slatemd
T Man!

Knock em all you want Buddy, but that truck rides way better than Max does!

Now for the disclaimer:

Okay, I put on my Flack Jacket, let me have it!

Well, I wasn't bashing the 7.3, as it was by far the most superior diesel that Ford ever had in it's fleet, from what i understand.... although I've yet to own one.

The fuel mileage 'Tee hee hee" is true, as they just don't get as much as the early cummins does, fuel mileage wise.

My other choice of vehicle was the 7.3 ferd that I was looking at prior to finding my first dodge. It was an 88 350 4x4 5 spd manual, dually with flatbed. Truck looked sweet from a distance, but was a rotted hulk underneath.

To me, now that I own one, the inline diesel is the only way to travel.

And I agree 100% on the ride... as the reasons you stated above are the exact same reasons why the guy sold his truck to me. He was a contractor who had spinal surgery and just couldn't handle the ride any longer. Personally, other than the limited crappy steering radius, I love the way my truck rides.....

Not too hard on you, was I ????
Old 12-30-2011, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Theres several 1st gens runnin around my area. I always want to stop and check them out but im always in a hurry to get somewhere when I see them stopped somewhere
Old 03-01-2012, 05:02 PM

the guy I saw and I stopped to talk with that has the 91.5 decided to drop his slush box and replace it with a getrag. Since he was tossing the trans out, I asked if I could have it. He said sure.

Today I picked up my "spare" tranny and TC. Now I can turn it in to the local trans shop, or one of the online "super trans builders" and I can still cruise around. When I need to I can just swap transmissions and still keep going.

He didn't want any money, but I gave him $40 anyway. Doesn't make any sense to me that he not make something for his trouble.

He kept the 5.9 out of his "donor" truck and I offered to transport it in my trailer for him back to his place. If he needs a hand, I'm there for him...

Sometimes stopping another 1st genner pays off.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM

Sweet that is a good deal right there.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Unless it's untaxed, then it's red.

This was almost creepy:
Parked myself in front of the hardware store, across from a beautiful white 4x4 first gen, the owner came out of the store towards me before I was out of my truck. He introduced himself, we are both Bryan. Looked in the trucks, we both had our dogs. Both dogs were boxers.
He had never heard of DTR and had no interest. Oh well I guess we can't be THAT much the same.

Oh and we both constantly flirt with the cashier at the hardware store...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by #2isgreen
This was almost creepy:
Parked myself in front of the hardware store, across from a beautiful white 4x4 first gen, the owner came out of the store towards me before I was out of my truck. He introduced himself, we are both Bryan. Looked in the trucks, we both had our dogs. Both dogs were boxers.
He had never heard of DTR and had no interest. Oh well I guess we can't be THAT much the same.

Oh and we both constantly flirt with the cashier at the hardware store...

Well, if you're both boinking each others wives, I think you might just have something there.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:05 PM

theres a bunch of them down by where i live in south jersey. all older guys that have owned them since new and a real nice lifted blue 4x4 that i see at the wawa in the mornings
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Received 562 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by Mopar1973
theres a bunch of them down by where i live in south jersey. all older guys that have owned them since new and a real nice lifted blue 4x4 that i see at the wawa in the mornings
What's a wawa?...Mark
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by maybe368
What's a wawa?...Mark
http://www.wawa.com/WawaWeb/About.aspx

Food and fuel
Old 03-02-2012, 08:32 AM

sorry im used to them everywhere, forgot they aren't all over the country lol. yes food and fuel but the one by me is the local gathering for all the diesels to get coffee before all the farmers go to work.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 PM

Iit is deffenly a sickness for sure. I've been bitten by the bug.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 PM

I get more comments on my 93 Ram,than any other vehicle I drive. ( besides my 71 Duster) These old trucks look awesome! My old rig's paint is fading on the hood, and the passenger side. Oddly enough, the drivers side of the truck is pristine ( never been repainted). I can't figure out why either.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:48 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMrAMack
My old rig's paint is fading on the hood, and the passenger side. Oddly enough, the drivers side of the truck is pristine ( never been repainted). I can't figure out why either.
Mine's the same way albeit reversed. I believe it's a result of the way I park it with the sun shining on the drivers side regularly.

Last edited by BC847; 03-04-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelting
Old 03-04-2012, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BC847
Mine's the same way albeit revered. I believe it's a result of the way I park it with the sun shining on the drivers side regularly.
It looks like mine was taken on a ton of camping and hunting trips by the original owner and it had branches going down the passenger side on one of those trips. He possibly parked it with the passenger side facing the sun also. Its strange how good the driver side looks. All the pictures I take of it is of the driver side lol

Quick Reply: First Gen Sightings