1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Door Structure Upgrade... Thanks Wheelieking !

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelieking71
"BIG-WHITEY, 91.5' W350 with lots of attitude!

STACKS ARE GAY"
Really? You aren't gonna make any friends on here with that sig.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by schamran
Really? You aren't gonna make any friends on here with that sig.
I agree so I'll be his friend
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ohh, i dunno. i have a pretty deep knowledge reserve for old dodge trucks. i bet i can help one or two guys out anyways. now the fact that i realize my truck is nothing more than a light-duty pick-up truck, not a semi, might not set well with people like you. but, you see, i am never going to pull a cargo trailer with it. especially somebody elses. thats the only reason stacks exist, is to keep soot off the trailers that semi's pull. since i am not pulling a large trailer that is much taller than my truck, i have no reason to be a POSER! thats all i see when i see a pick-up with stacks. a poser. the truck is plenty cool with the exhaust dumping on the ground where it should. you can go blow all that soot straight up in the air and attract attention to yourself with smoke and chrome all you want. you are entitled to your opinion just like i am mine. i cant help it if yours is GAY. (now, that response might deter a few potential friends. but i think i will get over it pretty quick)
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 AM

Just enforcing the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Thought your other thread said you left.. Or were 'done'. Why are you still here? Don't let the door hit on your way out, or do whatever...
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks for ruining my thread about a great idea for our trucks

Since my previous post was removed, I figured I'd just shorten it..

Remove away again, senior moderator.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Thanks for ruining my thread about a great idea for our trucks

Since my previous post was removed, I figured I'd just shorten it..

Remove away again, senior moderator.
Sorry man, Didn't wanna ruin your post, saw his sig and figured I'd be speaking for a few of us here. I didn't figure they would ban him either.

Back to the subject, I really like what you did with your doors. I've always wanted to stiffen mine up, but never got to it.
The following users liked this post:
deere country (05-05-2016)
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by schamran
Sorry man, Didn't wanna ruin your post, saw his sig and figured I'd be speaking for a few of us here. I didn't figure they would ban him either.

Back to the subject, I really like what you did with your doors. I've always wanted to stiffen mine up, but never got to it.
No biggie, I guess. Granted he didn't address any particular person in his signature, He got from you and the admins what I expected him to get,. For whatever reason he decided to overstep the boundaries of respect for those who like their "stacks" on their trucks. Not my thing either, but I don't trash anyone for having them, as I'm too old to care about what other people like about their own stuff.. ...'nuff said.

Back on topic, again... thanks !

It's really a fantastic repair to our door systems..... and IMO, well worth the time spent doing so. Glad WK71 posted it, and even happier that I did it. IT also allowed me to hone my beginner welding experience up to a novice status.

Actually, I've been tinkering around welding for a few years now, but with a low end flux core machine. When I tried using a better machine, with gas attached, it was a completely different experience.. Fabrication, welding and any other type of mechanical work has fascinated me since I was a kid. It's one of my few passions I can't seem to get enough of.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once you weld with gas you'll never wanna go back to flux core. I hate welding things for people with my portable flux core,

I think I'll do this upgrade on the passenger side, my drivers door is all rotted out and Is gonna be replaced some day. So why waste my time.

I noticed when i put my windows up and down the whole door flexes and shakes.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Crossy's son
Once you weld with gas you'll never wanna go back to flux core. I hate welding things for people with my portable flux core,

I think I'll do this upgrade on the passenger side, my drivers door is all rotted out and Is gonna be replaced some day. So why waste my time.

I noticed when i put my windows up and down the whole door flexes and shakes.
Welding with the nitrogen / cO2 mix is AWESOME ! Do you know anyone who wants to buy an old Lincoln Pro Core 100 ? Got one for sale

The flexing and shaking is almost completely eliminated when you do this fix. the window moves freely afterwords as well.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

No biggie, I guess.
:/ It kindof is to me. "Big Whitey" is one of my favorite rigs on here, and he has some great knowledge to add. It's sad when someone gets put out due to childish bantering, and in my opinion, the whole community loses. It didn't look to me like he was starting an argument...just responding to an unnecessary gouge??

Let's grow up a little bit, and stick to trucks. We can all learn something from each other, whether or not we have the same preferences. Goodness...

If anyone finds out where he ends up, let me know. I'd like to follow his build.

In all due respect,

Eric
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by enafzige
:/ It kindof is to me. "Big Whitey" is one of my favorite rigs on here, and he has some great knowledge to add. It's sad when someone gets put out due to childish bantering, and in my opinion, the whole community loses. It didn't look to me like he was starting an argument...just responding to an unnecessary gouge??

Let's grow up a little bit, and stick to trucks. We can all learn something from each other, whether or not we have the same preferences. Goodness...

If anyone finds out where he ends up, let me know. I'd like to follow his build.

In all due respect,

Eric
If I could I would post his emails here for you to read, I would but the fact is he just flat out lost his mind and almost got banned on another forum because of his actions there as well. Had he contacted ANY Admin it would have gotten back to me and we could have worked it out.....but he went nuts instead.

You know you can't put the horse back in the barn if you burn the barn to the ground the moment you find the horse is missing.... He tried to call me last night after closing time but it was too late by then....like I said he went too far BEFORE giving me a chance to even deal with the problem.....
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by enafzige

In all due respect,

Eric
If I could post his emails here for you to read, I would but the fact is he just flat out lost his mind and almost got banned on another forum because of his actions there as well. Had he contacted ANY Admin it would have gotten back to me and we could have worked it out.....but he went nuts instead.

You know you can't put the horse back in the barn if you burn the barn to the ground the moment you find the horse is missing.... He tried to call me last night after closing time but it was too late by then....like I said he went too far BEFORE giving me a chance to even deal with the problem.....

I realize it is hard for you guys to understand when you can't see what I see, so let me compare it to taking a flame thrower to your entire home...just because the front door has a squeaky hinge.....that would pretty well describe his outbursts (multiple).
Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Thanks for clarifying that, Larry.

Can we move on, now ? and get past all this bologna ?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 1,332 Likes on 862 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossy's son

Why not...look at it as practice....
Old 05-06-2012, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gyman98
I agree so I'll be his friend
I have to agree, when they are bigger than 6" over 3 1/2 feet above the cab.

Until then they are just foolish.

Unless it's a step-side.

But then, I am looking at it from a work truck point of view. Why take up the bed space with something that has the potential to catch something on fire?

I have to look into doing this with my doors. My passenger window flexes the door so bad, the door panel pops its retainers out.

Quick Reply: Door Structure Upgrade... Thanks Wheelieking !