Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Cummins Crew Cab Resto Mod Build (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/cummins-crew-cab-resto-mod-build-301770/)

standard81 11-03-2014 06:54 PM

Very interested in this build... I´m in the middle of a restoration as well... Everything is down to nuts and bolts. There won´t be an untouched piece left... I really like the stance and demeanor of the truck with the aftermarket wheels and tires before disassembly for paint... Nice work.

Jungle 11-29-2014 05:05 AM

Eric,
How much total lift did you end up with on the rear using the stock 63"spring & my hanger combo?
Thanks,
Jim

CE_TX 11-29-2014 08:17 PM

I didn't actually measure before and after, but it sits level with the 6" I have up front. I also aftermarket spring perches in the rear that may give me a little more lift than what the stock Dana 60 had as well, plus the axle tubes are larger on the AAM 11.5 rear axle I have under there as well.

flyin6 12-12-2014 05:43 PM

Truly a superior build

Attention to detail is there, as is quality of construction, and some pretty good parts for what this truck is.

Good work!

I have one going on as well...different take than this truck though.

CE_TX 12-13-2014 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by flyin6 (Post 3260830)
Truly a superior build

Attention to detail is there, as is quality of construction, and some pretty good parts for what this truck is.

Good work!

I have one going on as well...different take than this truck though.

Thanks for the compliments.

This build started out as more of a tow rig/drive to the local burger joint in town but it's now pointed in the direction of being a expedition rig. I've got a lot of mods planned to make it a more capable offroader, but it will never be a dedicated trail rig/rockcrawler.

I've read your build on the duramax forum and I like quite a few of the mods you have done, some are definitely unique.

flyin6 12-13-2014 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by CE_TX (Post 3260866)
Thanks for the compliments.

This build started out as more of a tow rig/drive to the local burger joint in town but it's now pointed in the direction of being a expedition rig. I've got a lot of mods planned to make it a more capable offroader, but it will never be a dedicated trail rig/rockcrawler.

I've read your build on the duramax forum and I like quite a few of the mods you have done, some are definitely unique.

My best friend is going to build a 76 crew power wagon like yours. Well, his will be more of a street driven truck, except knowing him it will be like yours and mine, over the top.

The Dodge truck build on D-max forums continues. currently installing the front dana 60 with locker/big axles, hubs and the engine and trans which got the full treatments.

Again, top notch workmanship on your project!