1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Chasing gremlin, need a diagram please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chasing gremlin, need a diagram please...

Well, I've had a gremlin ever since I bought this truck 2 years ago, and I'm finally gonna fix it now that it's getting worst. Couple highlights are when I was recently putting stereo back in, as I was wiggling the wires, the turn signal indicators and bright lights indicator and something else came on at me, along with hum, wiggled the wires again and it went away...this was with the ignition OFF. Sometimes the backlights on the stereo will come on when you apply the brakes. Sometimes going down the road if it's bouncy the gauges will go nuts, speedo drop to zero and back a coulple times, somehow the brake lights come on cause the trailer brakes will start cycling on and off, etc...not always, but every now and then. So I've got almost everything out of the dash right now, shy of the dash itself, and I'm tracing all the wires, trying to hopefully find something crossed or bare, but I am finding all these little electrical boxes and unused plugs, some of which are labeled and some are not. Anyhoo, I'd like an electrical diagram if somebody has one so I can figure out what all this stuff is, truck is a 91.5. All help is greatly appreciated. I'm gonna go back and do some more digging. Thanks again,

Brian
Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Den

Lots O Scanning

There are around 38 pages of wiring diagrams! These are from the 1991 Service Manual Supplement that was issued when the intercooled trucks came out. Cover says 1991. Inside says 1991.5
Scanned at 1700x2340 so they should print out real nice.

You can find them here. There are 2 indexes (listed at bottom of page) so you can see what page is what.
http://dens-site.net/Dodge_CTD/1991.5-Wiring_Diagrams/

There's also a zip containing all the files.

Den
Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow, Den! That one went straight into the "How do I?" thread.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Den

Just 'cause I haven't been around doesn't mean I've lost my touch! lol

Both the truck and myself have been down for repairs the last few months. Nothing major. Truck is spin arting gear oil out the axle end all over the tire. Me..i'm just falling apart I guess

Den
Old 05-17-2006, 11:31 PM

Den, thank you soooooo much! I need to get me one of those books. I've started tracing wires with your diagrams, haven't found anything problematic yet, but trying to find all the grounds I can. Figure I'll start there. Where did you get that book at? I'm seriously contemplating buying a 91.5-93 ext. cab, hopefully 2wd and 5spd and swapping goodies and selling the one I've got. I'm going to Norfolk in July and won't be back until January and was gonna haul the Trans Am behind the Dodge, but if I can't find this problem, I'll be driving the T/A and leaving the 'ol Dodge here. Again, thank you so much for those diagrams!

Brian