Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/carlisle-pa-mopar-weekend-awesomeness-330348/)

oliver foster 05-27-2018 09:36 AM

Carlisle PA. Mopar weekend of awesomeness

I see that the clock is ticking on getting ready for the big show at Carlisle again. Less than 50 days till the biggest Mopar only show in the world.
It is on July 13th-15th.

Who is headed there this year?
freight train? What sort of bright red Mopar should I look for?
BHD? Bringing the fire wagon crew cab again I hope?
slateMD? also know as the guy in the viking hat. Are you bringing the grease burning Ford 250 with the blue oval emblems that say "Farty" inside them?

I will be there with my daughter and also my buddy Walter again....We plan to take another HellCat ride as that was more fun than we expected last year.

I am pretty sure T-man is headed down in the brick.
I hope MrFusion makes it even though I haven't seen much of him on the forum lately.
I will have a cold beer [or cold water] for you boys in the show field.

cabtruck 05-27-2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by oliver foster (Post 3348787)
I see that the clock is ticking on getting ready for the big show at Carlisle again. Less than 50 days till the biggest Mopar only show in the world.
It is on July 13th-15th.

Who is headed there this year?
freight train? What sort of bright red Mopar should I look for?
BHD? Bringing the fire wagon crew cab again I hope?
slateMD? also know as the guy in the viking hat. Are you bringing the grease burning Ford 250 with the blue oval emblems that say "Farty" inside them?

I will be there with my daughter and also my buddy Walter again....We plan to take another HellCat ride as that was more fun than we expected last year.

I am pretty sure T-man is headed down in the brick.
I hope MrFusion makes it even though I haven't seen much of him on the forum lately.
I will have a cold beer [or cold water] for you boys in the show field.

I hope I can make it my truck want be done though so I’ll have to drive the 3rd gen

oliver foster 05-27-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by cabtruck (Post 3348788)

I hope I can make it my truck want be done though so I’ll have to drive the 3rd gen

I just checked out your build thread for 20 minutes to refresh my memory on it.
I would love to check that truck out in person.
I will tell you I am loving the rear shackle flip, drop hanger, longer shackles, one less leaf spring and 2 inches less block combo on my '91. It rides WAY better than before.
There are a few pictures of it on my thread - Saving a 91.0...

cabtruck 05-27-2018 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by oliver foster (Post 3348791)
I just checked out your build thread for 20 minutes to refresh my memory on it.
I would love to check that truck out in person.
I will tell you I am loving the rear shackle flip, drop hanger, longer shackles, one less leaf spring and 2 inches less block combo on my '91. It rides WAY better than before.
There are a few pictures of it on my thread - Saving a 91.0...

I’ll Check out yours is amazing how much time and money goes in these old trucks

freight train 05-27-2018 03:05 PM

I will definitely be there. Maybe I will bring a Cuda. Depending on the weather who knows. Maybe my 3rd gen so I can ride with AC. I have already started my list. For those who have never been your definitely missing out. I don't normally look at show cars or trucks but once in a blue moon I see something so unique or rare it draws my attention. Oli if you come across a Lund visor I'm looking for make sure you write down the space number.

NJTman 05-27-2018 03:14 PM

Tried ordering tickets for Saturday, and their stupid website kept declining me.

Sent them an email, asking them what the...?????

oliver foster 05-27-2018 07:02 PM

T-man,
I just call them, but that is more my style anyway.
I haven't booked my show spot yet either, as we are not really sure what we taking down yet.
Most likely the Vanilla Gorilla our white crew cab or the Gauntlet the 12V RC. Walter might be riding down to the show with us this year so the extra rear seat might be key.

Shelby/Dakota 05-29-2018 12:34 PM

I might try and make it, be either the truck or the Shelby.

BHD 06-01-2018 12:57 PM

I hope to make it with the FireWagon and a bucket of ice with IPAs.

NJTman 06-01-2018 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by BHD (Post 3349032)
I hope to make it with the FireWagon and a bucket of ice with IPAs.

I just was able to purchase the tickets. Had to switch credit cards for some idiotic reason. They both have the exact same information, yet they kept declining me because of their records showing the wrong Billing info.

Oh well. Saturday is our day. Now all I got to do is get my wife's friend to watch the dogs, and I'm golden... or not.

[redface]

BHD 06-01-2018 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman (Post 3349041)
Oh well. Saturday is our day. Now all I got to do is get my wife's friend to watch the dogs, and I'm golden... or not.

[redface]

I'm never golden. Usually white, or red. Depending on UV exposure.

edwinsmith 06-01-2018 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman (Post 3349041)
I just was able to purchase the tickets. Had to switch credit cards for some idiotic reason. They both have the exact same information, yet they kept declining me because of their records showing the wrong Billing info.

[redface]

You're not taking the dogs? Man! What's wrong with you? [laugh]

NJTman 06-01-2018 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BHD (Post 3349042)
I'm never golden. Usually white, or red. Depending on UV exposure.

I'm only golden on the weekends.

Most of them anyway

oliver foster 06-15-2018 09:27 AM

Less that 30 days out...
Looks like we will be heading down in the 12V '89 RC again this year. It is such a nice long trip ride with those '92-'93 bucket seats and custom rear springs.

bigragu 06-15-2018 06:00 PM

One of these days, Oliver, like within the next two years, I’m gonna go and meet up with you guys at this Mopar event, all the way from CA. I’ve talked about it with another first gender friend of mine, about taking a road trip, but I think in two years I’ll be ready. I’m gonna take up some of my favorite grub for you all to try- BALUT. I figure if goat meat is being served, why not BALUT? Maybe some Dinuguan, also.

(If you all don’t know what BALUT or DINUGUAN are, google them. I love it!!)