Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Cab Swap.. Does a 2WD cab have the same mounts as a 4WD cab? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/cab-swap-does-2wd-cab-have-same-mounts-4wd-cab-328440/)

wyododges 07-09-2017 07:42 PM

Cab Swap.. Does a 2WD cab have the same mounts as a 4WD cab?

Hello all,

I've looked in the stickies and cannot find an answer so I am posting here. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
I need to replace a damaged cab on a 1st Gen W250. I have available a good '86 2WD cab. I am wondering if the 2WD cab has the same body mounts as the 4WD model. The new cab will be going onto a stock 4x4 frame. I know that I would have to replace the floor hump on the 2WD cab to accommodate the transmission and transfer case. Asking because I know some other manufacturers varied the frame with and cab mountings between the 2WD and 4WD models. Thanks

oliver foster 07-09-2017 08:38 PM

The frame to cab mounts are the same 2wd to 4x4.
I have seen many 2wd cabs with the 4x4 transmission hump in them so you might not even need too change the hump. On the other hand I have seen NO 4x4 cabs with the 2wd hump obviously.

wyododges 07-09-2017 10:37 PM

Thanks much, Oliver ! I'll get started on the cab replacement soon. The donor cab is an '86 318 auto, pretty sure it has the small hump but I'll know for sure tomorrow. Glad the mounting holes match up ! Thanks again for the info !!!

wyododges 07-13-2017 03:56 AM

It does have the 'low' transmission hump.... I'll have to cut the one out of the damaged truck and include it in the cab swap.
On a different note.... I had a different truck stolen off the place last night, report filed... Don't want to sound like an oldie but sometimes I just wonder what the world is coming to !

mknittle 07-13-2017 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by wyododges (Post 3331146)
It does have the 'low' transmission hump.... I'll have to cut the one out of the damaged truck and include it in the cab swap.
On a different note.... I had another truck stolen off the place last night, report filed... Don't want to sound like an oldie but sometimes I just wonder what the world is coming to !

This gemeration seems to think if they want something they can just take it.

I did the same thing on my floor.
Here is how I did mine. post 256 and goes from there.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...314771/page18/

edwinsmith 07-13-2017 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by wyododges (Post 3331146)
On a different note.... I had another truck stolen off the place last night, report filed... Don't want to sound like an oldie but sometimes I just wonder what the world is coming to !

I'm not afraid to sound like an oldie. The problem is we have people who are 4th generation welfare recipients who have been raised to believe they are entitled to a free lunch. When they grow up and they don't get the free lunch they become resentful and then they feel justified in stealing and all other manner of crimes. Add to that a 22 percent real unemployment rate where people have no money and a lot are getting hungry.

4 percent unemployment? Just another government lie.

freight train 07-14-2017 05:34 PM

Edwin add to that that men and women have children when they are not responsible enough to. Then they are so immature they aren't teaching the real values of life. The value of a dollar! You can have anything in this world if your willing to work for it. That everyone deserves respect, until they don't. That a person shouldn't be judged on anything but the integrity and respect they display! These are just a few of the lessons my dad bestilled in my two brothers and I. Its amazing how just being respectful (yes sir , no sir, yes maam, no maam, hold a door for then next person, looking a person in their eyes) can take a person just about anywhere they want to go! Man when I see the lazy pieces of trash on the TV or hear on the radio of another overdose they had to save I get so sick to my stomach of what this world has become! Sorry just venting.

Jim Lane 07-16-2017 04:51 AM

From another slightly used oldie.
When I find someone says
SIR YES SIR
or
SIR NO SIR
they are not being polite,
it just means
they have been in prison.

mknittle 07-16-2017 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jim Lane (Post 3331300)
From another slightly used oldie.
When I find someone says
SIR YES SIR
or
SIR NO SIR
they are not being polite,
it just means
they have been in prison.

California still has prisons? I thought that was illegal.[nonono]