Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Best underhood light ever!! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/best-underhood-light-ever-328816/)

bigragu 09-02-2017 04:22 PM

Best underhood light ever!!

1 Attachment(s)
Bottom line, I never have enough light when working on my truck, under the hood or under the truck. This light has the adaptability to not only work on both those areas, but will easily light up the inside of your cab! Never knew these were around, till I was stumbling on Eastwood's site looking at their brake flaring tools. Once I saw the video on this light, and for the price(on sale as this is written), I had to have it.
Thought I'd share, in case anyone struggles with not enough light when working on their firstgens:

bigragu 09-02-2017 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Run time is 3 hours after a full charge on the low setting, and 1.5 hours on high setting. Fully rechargeable, after 6 hours. Can be used while charging. This pic shows the intensity at the high setting.
My wife struggled with trying to find something for my birthday two months ago, so this be it- great wife!

I want to add, that the lighted tube areas are fully rotational, so you can point your light. The rubber hooks easily extend out to 68", easily fitting our hoods. I wish these were around when I used to crawl attics for a living. This could have caught the roof joist beams and lit up my area, instead of a stupid, hot, drop light or flood light that added in temps to the suffering heat in those attics.

If I was a lotto winner I'd buy all you guys one, lol!

KRB 09-02-2017 07:23 PM

One problem you're having is working on your truck upside down. Be lots easier to work on it right side up, with or without the light. But then again, you do things a little different sometimes. [laugh]

edwinsmith 09-02-2017 07:37 PM

That's the way we do things in California. [laugh]

bigragu 09-03-2017 12:37 AM

KRB, you funny man! I'll get ya back! LOL!

KRB 09-03-2017 04:41 AM

Sorry, couldn't resist. Then I thought well maybe you are still bedridden and that's the only way he can work in the engine bay but I guess Edwin is right!

Looks like it really does light things up though. We've come a long way with LEDs etc. More light, no heat and not as sensitive to thumps and bumps. And our old eyes need more light now!

bigragu 09-03-2017 08:06 AM

Hopefully I did this right

Desert5600 09-03-2017 11:03 AM

Been in the market for one and never could find one that I liked. Ordered! Thanks for the tip.

Lary Ellis (Top) 09-03-2017 12:06 PM

Nice find!.....I want one!....

Make a nice gift if any of you feel the need to give me one hahahaha

Think I will send my wife the link ;)

bigragu 09-03-2017 12:52 PM

On sale now, for under $50, normally about $80. Got a feeling this sale won't hold out too much longer, as that sale has been since two weeks ago when I first discovered it.

Wifey just told me to order a second one for my brother, who came up here and worked on my irrigation pump cause I wasn't able. A form of thank you gift.

bigragu 09-03-2017 02:15 PM

Just reordered one for my brother, and dangit! Free shipping on his!! Labor Day specials for this weekend, no shipping. Wish I would have known. I would have waited till this weekend instead of ordering mine last week.
I'm having it sent to his house. He has no clue. He loved mine. He's gonna crap his pants, lol. He sure helped me out with my pump, though, by taking it apart for a reseal.

ofelas 09-03-2017 07:28 PM

Good find bigragu, grabbed two for the old 57 beater project , thx for the heads up.

thrashingcows 09-05-2017 02:04 AM

I have thought about getting one of those for some time now. Thanks for the praise and comments on it function...will add that to my Christmas wish list....:)

Lary Ellis (Top) 09-05-2017 08:35 AM

I got two headed this way as well Thanks BigRagu !

bigragu 09-21-2017 07:50 AM

Don't mean to bring this tread back up again, but was just on Eastwood's site, and dang it!! They've dropped their original sale price on this even lower! Down to just under $45.

Can't wait to start wrenching again, just so I could use mine, lol