Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   Anyone like crewcabs? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/anyone-like-crewcabs-24036/)

Jim Shulmister 02-16-2003 08:52 PM

Anyone like crewcabs?

Saw this on the GSA website for sale at auction
https://www.gsaauctions.gov search 6-pack or dodge in the trucks section for a beautiful 4 door truck
Just FYI if anyone wants to give it a go.
-RATCHET-

CrewCab 02-17-2003 02:15 AM

Re:Anyone like crewcabs?

Mine's got that beat by a mile.<br>Terry

Shovelhead 02-17-2003 06:09 AM

WOW! that's a gorgeous truck.
Unusual paint combo, really sweet. ;D
Have you started your Member's Photo Album yet?

Ed

CrewCab 02-17-2003 03:11 PM

Ed,<br>That is a standard colour combo for 1993. I test drove a '93 club at a dealer before buying this one and the colours were the same.<br>I'll look into putting up pictures once the weather improves. Not cold here but could be more sunny.<br>Terry

Holsteinman 02-17-2003 04:44 PM

Terry,<br>That is a sharp truck.<br><br>Paul<br><br>

Redleg 02-17-2003 05:43 PM

Terry, that truck is sweet! I'm dying to make one myself with a flat bed. I'll definitely be shopping for a solid truck when the weather brakes! That white one catches my eye, but it mentions rust around the windshield. Most trucks I've been seeing have been two wheel drive. I'm kind of on a fence about having someone stretch my 4x4 or converting the 2x4 if that's all I can find. I think stretching will cost more, but get done quicker. <br>Waiting for those pics,<br>Don

Jim Shulmister 02-17-2003 09:13 PM

Funny that ad does mention rust, but I have seen downtalk on these sites before.I have bought items from this place before (ex military) and have done quite well. I bought a dodge limo van that was described as unrepairable for $600 and sold it for $4500. Turns out the guy at the auction site wanted it for himself and really knocked the description hoping to steal it. Turned out to have 40,000 original miles and was immaculate. Its the ones that are described really nice you have to watch out for. 20,000 mile cars that look like 500,000mile cars when you get them.<br> From the pictures it looks like that crewcab was very well maintained and I didnt see any rust. It will sell for less than $1000.00 and could someday look like crewcabs sweet truck (BTW CREWCAB-You have a gorgeous truck!)<br> -RATCHET-

Jim Shulmister 02-17-2003 09:15 PM

If possible, I would really like to see some more pictures of your truck crewcab. It really looks great.<br> -RATCHET-

CrewCab 02-17-2003 09:21 PM

Because of the condition of my 1981 crew cab, I am very leery of anything involving rust around the windshield. The '81 was leaking on the passenger side so I took it to a glass shop. They removed the sealing string and pumped in a bunch of sealer. They showed me the area on the driver's side. Both inner and outer metal was rusted back 1/2 inch. Definitely not worth fixing. I'm not sure what is holding it together.<br>It was certainly an area I checked carefully on the '83.<br>But what really sold me was the 20mpg(Cdn) compared to 10 for the '81 with a gas 360 V8.<br>Terry

CrewCab 02-17-2003 09:26 PM

Ok, here is the othe side<br>Terry

CrewCab 02-17-2003 09:51 PM

And another view of the ornament. Note the '83 hood and '93 grill

Redleg 02-17-2003 10:04 PM

You gonna add those to the photo section?<br><br>How about some inside shots?

DieselDaze 02-17-2003 10:28 PM

I like that color combination!<br><br>You have yourself a good looking truck there CrewCab!<br><br><br><br>Rich

CrewCab 02-17-2003 10:48 PM

Thankyou for all the positive comments.<br>I am very pleased with my first diesel. Had to ask around before I even considered it as I has driven gas all my life. Combination 5 speed (haven't driven a standard for years),long box and duallys is a pain around town. But so far, no mishaps except a curb or two. I was almost wearing a small van on my bumper when I was cut off at an intersection but that's life in the semi-big city.<br>This thing can pull up a hill at 110 kph in 5th that the car or truck couldn't do in 2nd. Can't wait till I get a 5th wheel!!<br>Question?<br>How do I tell what album to post the pictures in?<br>Terry

CrewCab 02-18-2003 12:47 AM

Ok, I created an album called 1993 Crewcab. I'll try to get some interior pictures tomorrow. They won't be nearly as nice as the exterior.<br>Terry