1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

Air ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air ride

Hey all. I have a 92 3/4 ton single cab. I know kelderman makes an amazing air ride system for front and rear but it's a little pricy. But i know you get what you pay for. Does anyone know of another system out there for front and rear for these trucks?
Old 09-08-2018, 08:16 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
When I was considering an air ride suspension I looked at everything I could find on the internet about this. Forget now which manufacturers I looked at, but do know that every one of them turned me off in some way. Perhaps there are some well designed and good quality manufacturers out there, but at the time I purchased my system, just was not happy with any of them except Kelderman. Even considered designing and making my own, but in the end decided to spend the extra money and go for Kelderman's on all 4 corners. So far am very happy with the entire system. I seldom drive on smooth roads and the Kelderman system has taken a licking and never complained.

If you do decide on a Kelderman, feel free to tell them that I endorsed their product.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:01 PM

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
When I was considering an air ride suspension I looked at everything I could find on the internet about this. Forget now which manufacturers I looked at, but do know that every one of them turned me off in some way. Perhaps there are some well designed and good quality manufacturers out there, but at the time I purchased my system, just was not happy with any of them except Kelderman. Even considered designing and making my own, but in the end decided to spend the extra money and go for Kelderman's on all 4 corners. So far am very happy with the entire system. I seldom drive on smooth roads and the Kelderman system has taken a licking and never complained.

If you do decide on a Kelderman, feel free to tell them that I endorsed their product.
I wanted to put kelderman on my truck but they didn’t offer it for a lifted truck
Old 09-09-2018, 04:43 PM

Received 346 Likes on 285 Posts
You can do a lot better with leaf springs than what the factory did.... without going to air ride. Just sayin...