Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   1st Gen. Ram - All Topics (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/)
-   -   80's crew cab stationary window in rear door seal?? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/1st-gen-ram-all-topics-93/80s-crew-cab-stationary-window-rear-door-seal-291583/)

moneytlks01 06-24-2011 10:26 PM

80's crew cab stationary window in rear door seal??

does anyone know where to get or have two good 81-85 crewcab rear door stationary glass gaskets? i have all new rubber in the cab but these were toast! I cant seem to come up with any results from searching?

HELP!

james

AUGIE DOG 06-24-2011 10:37 PM

Try J.C.Whitney,Steele Rubber Products,and believe it or not your local Dodge dealer. Give them your vin# and be real nice to the parts counter guy lolol! Sometimes they can find the stuff.

moneytlks01 06-24-2011 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by AUGIE DOG (Post 2985507)
Try J.C.Whitney(negative),Steele Rubber Products(dont make it),and believe it or not your local Dodge dealer(all parts for back doors discontinued). Give them your vin# and be real nice to the parts counter guy lolol! Sometimes they can find the stuff.

see red marks...i have searched most of the major rubber mfgs to no avail.

AUGIE DOG 06-24-2011 11:03 PM

Sorry,I will keep thinking of other places since I have the same truck and will eventually need the same thing. Good Luck and let me know if you find anything

Trebor 06-25-2011 07:46 AM

I'm sure you younger folks have never heard of this old time secret method so I'll pass it along.

Remove the old chunk of rubber. Find a plastic bucket or pan large enough to place it in without breaking it by folding tightly. Estimate the required capacity of the bucket to immerse the rubber molding. Go to you local auto parts supplier, Wallymart, or where ever and buy enough old style brake fluid to cover the molding. Soak for one week or less and remove, wipe and air dry for a couple of days. This method has worked in reviving old hardened rubber moldings of 1930's & 40's Cadillacs, Packards, Chevies that I assisted during total restorations. Rubber replacements parts for these cars was not available in the 1970's. The results could vary based on the composition of the rubber so monitor your progress on a daily basis.

Buddy Stewert 06-25-2011 08:50 AM

Go to a glass shop and look for something that will work. You will come up with something.
It just won't be stock. What about silicon.
I don't think Brake fluid will fix broken and cracked rubber.
TREBOR does not say it will.

moneytlks01 06-25-2011 03:55 PM

thanks for the resto tips, it would probably work if i hadnt thrown the old ones away 7 months ago when i thought i bought new ones...still looking

Twitchy 06-25-2011 08:09 PM

moneytlks,

What about Metro Moulded Parts

moneytlks01 06-25-2011 11:45 PM

they dont have much for our trucks but if i can find a set of good used ones i can check into having them reproduced by that company...thanks

james

moneytlks01 06-26-2011 08:53 PM

does anyone have a set of used ones???

moneytlks01 06-29-2011 08:21 PM

bump to the top! no-one has any old doors laying around with some seals they wanna get rid of???

james

Thiss 06-30-2011 12:02 AM

Ouch... You tossed them! There is only one kind of used rubber that should be tossed. All else must be kept. Sorry, I never found new ones myself. Try jimsautopart.com or pm Mark Nelson.

johny5 06-30-2011 01:32 AM

there is a local guy around here that should have some , put a wanted add on Craigslist Vancouver bc and im sure he will respond . i dont have his number anymore

simplysmn 06-30-2011 04:51 PM

Hey James I sent you a message I have 2 for you available

Val