1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

2017 Chrysler at Carlisle Call Out!

Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 PM

Received 308 Likes on 234 Posts
2017 Chrysler at Carlisle Call Out!

The time of Chrysler at Carlisle 2017 draws nigh!! Christmas for the Mopar fan in July!!

July 14th-16th

I plan to be there all day Friday and Saturday. Prolly going to be "showing" my XJ Cherokee.
Looking forward to seeing Ollie's RC and a bunch of DTR folks!!

I might even have presents for Ollie!

Who's thinking of going and when?
The following 2 users liked this post by MrFusion:
mknittle (06-07-2017), NJTman (06-11-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
You just want to know when people are going, so you can burglarize their homes when they aren't going to be there

Yeah... That's it
The following users liked this post:
MrFusion (06-09-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 08:22 AM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
My daughter and I will be there Thursday late afternoon to Sun morning.
The RC should be in the show field during the day and I will be camping at the same 5 vendor spots my buddy rents again this year.
I will have cold IPAs in the RC for thirsty DTR'er at the show.

MrFusion, those hot sauces you gave me last year have become house favorites. Thanks again!

My friend Walter and his daughter will be joining us for the trip again this year after having such a good first time show last year.

I have word that BHD will be there with his '74 crew cab and I would expect to see freightrain in something, Mopar AND red. T-man will hopefully be bring his beloved brick down and putting it on the show field as well.

I look forward to seeing all my Carlisle car show friends from around the country [and Canada] next month.
The following 2 users liked this post by oliver foster:
MrFusion (06-09-2017), NJTman (06-11-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 07:47 AM
BHD

Received 386 Likes on 256 Posts
I am planning on being there Saturday with my '74 FireWagon, even though its not 100% completed. I plan to preregister for the showfield by Monday to get my discount!

And I'll probably have a box of cold IPAs to share, if you like that kind of thing.......
The following 3 users liked this post by BHD:
MrFusion (06-09-2017), NJTman (06-11-2017), oliver foster (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
You just want to know when people are going, so you can burglarize their homes when they aren't going to be there

Yeah... That's it
You're safe though Tman. I'm sure you have a bunch of cool stuff BUT I'd have to go to New Jersey for it. Every time I have to cross over that state line my skin starts to burn and I feel an empty ache on my right hip. Not worth it! Even for some ultra cool NJTman paraphernalia.

Oh...and I'd miss Chrysler at Carlisle if I went around burglarizing people. Silly Tman!

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Carlisle!
Old 06-11-2017, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by MrFusion
You're safe though Tman. I'm sure you have a bunch of cool stuff BUT I'd have to go to New Jersey for it. Every time I have to cross over that state line my skin starts to burn and I feel an empty ache on my right hip. Not worth it! Even for some ultra cool NJTman paraphernalia.

Oh...and I'd miss Chrysler at Carlisle if I went around burglarizing people. Silly Tman!

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Carlisle!
Yeah,

you have to get used to the toxic waste sludge, in order to live here. If you stay long enough, you'll adapt.

There was a group going around here burglarizing people's homes who were at funerals. Since the posting of the timing of the wake / funerals are listed publicly, it was perfect for the scamooches to go and break into family members houses, as they knew they'd be out for several hours, morning their relative who passed. I guess they learned this from facebook when people announce, they're going out, where they'd be, and how long they'd be gone.

looking forwards to catching up with you fellas. Can't wait to see the XJ, and not some silly old RC from VT...

Old 06-11-2017, 11:02 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts
I will be there Fri. Nothing special for me.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Yeah,

you have to get used to the toxic waste sludge, in order to live here. If you stay long enough, you'll adapt.

There was a group going around here burglarizing people's homes who were at funerals. Since the posting of the timing of the wake / funerals are listed publicly, it was perfect for the scamooches to go and break into family members houses, as they knew they'd be out for several hours, morning their relative who passed. I guess they learned this from facebook when people announce, they're going out, where they'd be, and how long they'd be gone.

looking forwards to catching up with you fellas. Can't wait to see the XJ, and not some silly old RC from VT...

Yeah I can see the problem with OpSec with this thread. I figure its a lot safer than FB though.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:10 PM

I'll take you for a ride in the XJ if you show up Tman!
Old 06-13-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Might show up Saturday. If I do it will either be the truck or my Shelby Charger
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 PM

So,

I received my tickets in the mail this morning.

And I'm really bummed out.

My mother in law suddenly passed away on Monday, after a short stint (4.5 days) of being in the hospital.

Well, my wife, who has spoken to, spent time with, seen her ever single day for the last 52 years is beyond heartbroken. There are NO words to describe what she's going through right now. I couldn't even if I tried.

After having her mom cremated this morning, my wife is a little more at peace, but this episode in her life will affect her and disrupt her (and my) life well past the date at Carlisle.

Will I be there ?

Most likely not. I have to be here for my wife, and we currently have no more "grandma dog sitter".

You don't realize just how much you depend on someone until they are gone. Yeah, I can say that I did everything for her, and be completely honest in doing so, but at the same time, she was our rock in which the family (especially mine and my wife) depended upon with our furry kids, and keeping them safe when we were gone. Now that she's gone, we have to find another furry friend sitter, as our dogs require supervision over an entire day, and more importantly, the old girl needs her medications ever couple hours or so to keep her tootin along. Mom's gone, and it's amazing how much you suddenly realize how much that old lady did for us on a daily basis....

Ugh...

Oh well. Only time will tell, and we shall see.

If not, a beer for me (for my MIL), as she was one really great old lady....whom I will miss more than I ever imagined.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:45 PM

Received 2,375 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I figured after we chatted Sunday night Carlisle might be a stretch for you this year.
I am cracking a fresh IPA for you and yours. I hope you and the wife can resume a semi-normal day to day shortly. Best wishes headed to NJ from VT.

You will just have to check out MrFusion's XJ some other time... I'll take some pictures of it for you if you like.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 PM

Received 1,037 Likes on 762 Posts
My condolences NJTman. My wife lost her father a few years back and she still isn't quite over it. Her mom is 97 and we just don't know how much longer she has to go. My parents are both gone years ago but I just don't miss them much. Paradoxically, my brother that just died last November I miss a lot more.

Please accept my sympathy for you and your wife.

Edwin
Old 06-29-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be down there as well. Most likely the 90 will be there. Jury is still out on the crew cab....

Robert
Old 06-30-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 600 Likes on 437 Posts
So,

I received my tickets in the mail this morning.

And I'm really bummed out.

My mother in law suddenly passed away on Monday, after a short stint (4.5 days) of being in the hospital.

Well, my wife, who has spoken to, spent time with, seen her ever single day for the last 52 years is beyond heartbroken. There are NO words to describe what she's going through right now. I couldn't even if I tried.

After having her mom cremated this morning, my wife is a little more at peace, but this episode in her life will affect her and disrupt her (and my) life well past the date at Carlisle.

Will I be there ?

Most likely not. I have to be here for my wife, and we currently have no more "grandma dog sitter".

You don't realize just how much you depend on someone until they are gone. Yeah, I can say that I did everything for her, and be completely honest in doing so, but at the same time, she was our rock in which the family (especially mine and my wife) depended upon with our furry kids, and keeping them safe when we were gone. Now that she's gone, we have to find another furry friend sitter, as our dogs require supervision over an entire day, and more importantly, the old girl needs her medications ever couple hours or so to keep her tootin along. Mom's gone, and it's amazing how much you suddenly realize how much that old lady did for us on a daily basis....

Ugh...

Oh well. Only time will tell, and we shall see.

If not, a beer for me (for my MIL), as she was one really great old lady....whom I will miss more than I ever imagined.
Sorry to hear that T man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Chrysler at Carlisle Call Out!