Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/)
-   -   Window stuck down! (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/window-stuck-down-331120/)

Sir_Timn 11-02-2018 05:40 PM

Window stuck down!

I'm not sure if it's the motor or some other thing.... it will go down but not up. My drivers door switch does nothing (no up or down) but passengers switch only goes down. Its stuck like a quarter of the way down so it's not THAT bad but there will be a thunderstorm in the morning so if anyone knows any way to force the window up that would be very nice! Please and thank you

madhat 11-02-2018 08:09 PM

What year truck? The third gens had a problem with the wiring getting pinched in the door jam. Pull the wire loom back and you'll find a few broken wires.

madhat 11-02-2018 08:11 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...-locks-282727/

NJTman 11-02-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3354629)
What year truck? The third gens had a problem with the wiring getting pinched in the door jam. Pull the wire loom back and you'll find a few broken wires.

my first gen. Had the same wiring issue in the drivers door jamb. Broken wiring casings, shorting out.

Sir_Timn 11-02-2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 3354629)

2nd gen 1994

NJTman 11-03-2018 07:18 AM

Try Holding the button down, and pushing down on the window glass/ wiggling it at the same time.

IF the window begins working at that point, you have a dead spot in the window lift motor that needs to be cleaned, or rebuilt.

I have this problem in my Toyota pickup. Toyota wants $500 for a new Window lift motor. Need I say more ?

Sir_Timn 11-04-2018 11:22 PM

still havnt gotten it up. Replaced the motor and still nothing.... i can hear the motor when i press down but nothing going up. Im going to try to replace the drivers master switch and see if that is the problem. the only issue now is my window is all the way open and its going to rain for the next 2 days.

oliver foster 11-05-2018 06:04 AM

The motor might be spinning, but have a broken part in it. That was the deal on my '89 RC.
Check the sticky out for a great and cheap repair.
That might just be the fix.

NJTman 11-05-2018 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sir_Timn (Post 3354708)
still havnt gotten it up. Replaced the motor and still nothing.... i can hear the motor when i press down but nothing going up. Im going to try to replace the drivers master switch and see if that is the problem. the only issue now is my window is all the way open and its going to rain for the next 2 days.

If you have the door panel off, you can manually move the window up, no ? At least for the rain ?

oliver foster 11-05-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman (Post 3354712)
If you have the door panel off, you can manually move the window up, no ? At least for the rain ?

While investigating a window that would not go down a few years ago. I took the door panel off to see a 2X4 piece of wood cut to length jammed in the door to hold the window up.

Sir_Timn 11-07-2018 08:16 PM

I figured out what the issue was! it wasnt the motor or switch... kinda. the harness that connects to the back of the switch had a wire that broke off and popped out. After buying a new motor, refunding the motor(advanced autoparts gave me a bad rebuilt motor), buying a new regulator, switch and taping a bag over my window the issue was a wire the whole time.... thanks everyone who tried to help

NJTman 11-07-2018 11:04 PM

Figured it was a wiring issue, once you replaced the motor. Glad you got it all fixed. Now you don't have to go around saying "still haven't gotten it up" anymore. People might just start to wonder.

Lol

cougar 11-08-2018 10:35 AM

Regardless of year, all the window motors are basically the same, single winding reversible. If it goes one direction it will go the other unless there is a switch or wiring problem. Or something in the way like a stick.