12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Too much antifreeze???

Old 03-03-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it has a real bad leak you can see the bubbles in the radiator but the water pump agitates it. I told you how to check it. But to be sure, fill it all up, drive it a week or so or a while, if the tank if full and the radiator is down a few inches you have a leak. You are looking for a simple way out of it, a few minutes work and you will know for sure.

Number one, do you have a problem, you said you did. If the compression pressure leaks into the cooling system, it replaces coolant and will not pull the coolant back in. Drive it enough and first your heater will go cold, then the temps will rise. Pull the cap and the radiator is half full. Drive it enough with the coolant low and it will crack the head. The air traps into the front of the head so that when you start the engine there is no coolant at the front of the engine. Better to check it out and fix it before it becomes a four digit problem.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think you guys are right, i keep beating around it but its gotta be HG. Drove it tonight, first time i had it out this week, and the heat just didn't seem as hot as it should be, felt like it was getting cold then hot. Monday i suppost to take it over to the guys that do my major engine work and we're going to take a look into things. Going to preesureize coolant system, Should this tell me anything??

Also I have not noticed any coolant dissapering??? If there is its VERY little.