12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Thanks for the fuel solenoid help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the fuel solenoid help!

Thanks to all for the tips on fixing the fuel solenoid. I checked into the forums a couple of months ago-in the help section. Having trouble getting the truck to start each time, some times it took 4-5 start attempts. You folks pointed out the fuel solenoid. I checked the wires and even cleaned it, it helped-started first crank most of the time. Last week it took another bad spell. If I turned the key to full on, I could manually lift the solenoid to open and the run coil kept it up. It would then start. Removed the solenoid and on the bench applied 12vdc to the start coil, it would not lift the armature. What to do? Called Dodge and it was good news and bad news-the had it in stock but it was $404.00. I cranked onto this forum, did the print out on the choke cable fix and called napa. $11.79, some angle iron, some severe strain on the brain and a couple of hours later I have the perfect fix--good old mechanical opening of the fuel solenoid. Thank you all, it works just fine. Best to all, <br>warden. ;D<br>