12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

I nailed a good deal, was she worth it ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I nailed a great deal, was she worth it ???

I will be flying out to get her and driving 2200 miles to bring her back home.
She is only 12 years old and not a blond but is a claret red 12 valve extended cab long box 4x4 one owner with original window sticker and a dry southwest truck in excellent condition! This was all made possible by one of our fine members on here and i thank him very much!!!!!!
I would like to meet some others here on the return run also i my be able to help you and you might be able to help me or we may just have some fun.
I am looking for the following someone with a dial indicator and DV socket so i can bump the timing (need to pickup MPG for the 2200 mile run back) also a stock fuel plate cheap/free so i can make a mild #10 and have it ready to drop in when i get there.
ADMIN REMOVED AD
I will be traveling empty and nothing on the hitch so far returning from the las vegas/laughlin Nevada area back to Michigan any questions????? Send me a pm.
If anybody can drive from the airport in vegas down to laughlin i would rather do that than use a rent a bus jocky
Let me know ASAP need to pin down the exact dates looking to getrdone in the next 20 days. Did i mention DTR is the best web site Thanks

Last edited by madhat; 03-04-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Inappropriate title/advertising
Old 03-04-2008, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
probably be a nice ride
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 PM

haha i thought this was going to be an inappropriate post..
Old 03-04-2008, 01:55 PM

editing

Monty could you please explain what was so bad not trying to stir the pot or anything just to be clear for all to see so we all learn from it? I have seen the same subject discussed in prior threads without removal i was not looking to go into business but for it to be a one time thing for two members to help each other out. Can it be discussed in the towing forum?
I guess in hindsight i should have clearly stated to only send me a PM would this be correct???
The word you removed from the title i did not intend as or feel was a foul word and only described the true condition of the truck itself. If someone thought differently then their mind had to already have been in the gutter and we all know this is not a vulgar site. Again not trying to question your right to change things or create a major problem i know when i became a member years ago that this site is a dictatorship and what you guys decide is the way it is and will continue to be. Another question i have is their has been a vendor banned for selling a junk clutch which has Larry TOP very angry and he has edited some recent posts because of it how do the rest of us find out/know who it is so we do not make the same mistake? Thanks Rattlerbob
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Monty i just got a pm from Madhat it appears he was the one that did the editing i saw you listed as the mod at the time but feel free to answer if you like.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM

i heard it starts with a V... and ends with a alair.... dumb thing is a recently installed one!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Rattlerbob,
I usually PM members when I edit a thread. I do not want to call members out, and usually, they do not intend to break forum rules... I try to explain the edit as best I can.

Here on the DTR, we run a clean site, totally G rated. The idea is, we want our families to be able to read every thing that is on the DTR and not be offended by it. I'll explain more in PM...

No, it was not valair...
Old 03-06-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by 12valvesmoke
i heard it starts with a V... and ends with a alair.... dumb thing is a recently installed one!!!
12valvesmoke you are correct !!!!!!!!!! So guys be careful with those (V) words in your posts
My truck is an original/unaltered/stock so i guess it is now a male instead of a V ops well you know female .
Thanks Madhat