12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

The beast, sucked a bunch of water.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The beast, sucked a bunch of water.

:-[ We have had some horrific weather here the last few days. Started Friday and finally (I think) finished today, we got freezeing rain then some snow then just plain rain which turned the snow to slop, then back to freezeing rain and on again.
To shorten the story some, I needed to go out today no biggie, I got a 4x4, also being rather lazy minded today I didn't throw the chains on the front either. Going down a hill with a full swamp at the bottom which the conuty road people let drain across the road rather than clean the calvert. I managed to put the right side in the water up to the air clearner split and she died. Got the tow truck to come get me out, checked the oil which was still ok so tried to start it. Rolled over a couple times then locked up. Let it set a bit tried again and it rolled over then locked up again. Had it towed back home, the tow driver said that I should shut the fuel off then roll it over and see if it locked up again. I Just drained a bit of fuel out of the filter and it rolled just fine. pumped fuel back in the filter and it started, ran on just a couple then all six, blowing white smoke and covering the ground with wet black JUST plain crap. I let it set and idle about 10 miniutes then headed out the drive way (400') acted like a gasser with a stuck choke the whole 400'. I drove it real easy for about a mile and it cleared out, the white smoke and the loading up feeling.
Think I wrecked more than the right front fender with the ice and water and my pride?????? Ya and water just about over the center hump too.
All I could do as I headed for the swamp was say OH SHOOT.
Al
Old 04-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Chapter President

Re:The beast, sucked a bunch of water.

Had the same troublem with one of my tow trucks that slid into a lake...the driver kept it running until I got there to winch him out...we towed it to the shop and dropped the pan it was full of water and it had scored the cyl walls on 2 jugs
Old 04-09-2003, 05:08 PM

Re:The beast, sucked a bunch of water.

:-[ Drove it into town today to get an estimate on the fender plus some dents in the leading edge of the door. It Blew a head gasket, I think because when I got out I could tatse that sweet stick smell, raised the hood and it is weeping down the right side a couple of places. It drove awful also thinks it might have messed up the steering box too. Got them to right up the engine, clean interior still wet on right floor board, fender, door, hub cap and the steering. Just the body work is enough to choke a goat. they are sending it out for the cleaning and have the engine and steering fixed.
:-[ Al