12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Anybody done the Governor Lever Adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody done the Governor Lever Adjustment?

Ok well hopefully I'll be purchasing a Scotty II air system soon so I can slide my #10 plate full forward without melting my engine. <br><br>I've heard a lot said about Governor Lever Adjustment and I've looked at Piers tech page several times and it just looks to easy to be easy. Make sense : <br><br>I have heard of what a improvement the lever adjustment to a new plate can mean so after moving mine forward surely it would need it ???<br><br>Anybody care to shed some light on this?
Old 03-19-2003, 10:19 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Anybody done the Governor Lever Adjustment?

The lever adj. is generally done after the install of gov springs.<br>After you slide the plate forward, remove the stop solenoid and pull up on the stop solenoid lever on the pump while at the same time push the throttle lever full forward and note the location of the lever with the TQ plate. If the lever does not hit below the TQ plates lowest point, you are more than likely just fine. <br>You can generally tell of the lever is hanging up when driving. You will feel a sudden surge in power once the lever clears the TQ plates foot or nose this can mean the lever is sticking under the TQ plate. The further you slide the plate forward the less likely the condition will occur.<br><br>Don~
Old 03-20-2003, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Anybody done the Governor Lever Adjustment?

I did mine today.<br>After installing my 4k gov. kit I wasn't getting the boost I was before. :'(<br>I adjusted my gov. lever and took care of it. Now everything is fine. ;D<br>I wasn't sure if this was the prob ??? so I made a call to Piers and he told me in some it would make a difference and boy he was right on the money.<br>After adjusting mine it makes perfect cents that it may need it after changing to an aftermarket plate.<br>Now I feel the full effect of my gov. kit. ;D <br><br>Thanks Piers for the advice.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)