Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/)
-   -   100k Service What does it need? (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/12-valve-engine-drivetrain-100/100k-service-what-does-need-55853/)

BC Morris 12-02-2004 09:35 PM

100k Service What does it need?

Hello and thanks for your help. I purchased my first CTD truck in the spring with 79k miles on it. 1997 2500 auto club Long bed 4-WD. I am about to do the 100 k service. I will repair the KDP,Update the starter lugs,(mine clicks sometimes and will not turn over I purchased a kit to repair it from ebay) I have also got a new lift pump and fuel filter. I have read about replacing the flexable rubber return line that frequently cracks and leaks fuel so I will plan to do this as well. so the question is Is there anything else other that what I have listed above that You guys would look at or replace while I am in there? Thanks so much. I spent several hours on the site reading all the reviews about ctd trucks before I purchased mine and I love it. Almost 22mpg in this tank of a truck and what else can I say it is the bomb.
Thanks
Ben:D

4doogie 12-03-2004 12:03 AM

why do you have a new lift pump? that should be a 24v thing, hows your front end?

4doogie 12-03-2004 12:05 AM

I forgot to say welcome to the site, hope we can help in any way:D :D

Hemi Cat 12-03-2004 12:34 AM

Adjust valves, change oil in diff's and t-case, change oil and filter kit in auto trans, Add coolant conditioner to coolant, If that has never been done might want to change it then add the conditioner,check the rad and heater hoses, if original they should be changed (age), wash out the front of the a/c condensor and debug it and straighten out the fins with a comb. check your belts and replace if glazed or cracking, check brakes(remove wheels), check the brake fluid, if it's dark in color change and flush it. Inspect the batt cables for corrosion or abrasion and replace as necessary. Check all suspension bushings and joints for wear.
set up a good maintenence program, change your oil and filters regular, according to the driving you do, grease it, use good quality oil and check it regularly. you will have a truck that will give you good service with minimal problems.

infidel 12-03-2004 10:47 AM

Here's a list of things to service and how to do most of them
Click here

apache 12-03-2004 03:24 PM

Wow , thats some good stuff there. Thank You.

MY WORLD 12-03-2004 03:51 PM

BC Morris,
I would also change the shocks as well as give the underside a good cleaning & inspection. I would make a bug screen out of plastic screen for windows from Home Depot/Menards/Lowes. Just like any vehicle with a few miles on it.
Then decide what upgrades you will save for.
Best of luck with the new toy!

MY WORLD

BC Morris 12-04-2004 08:30 AM

Thanks for all the information I will get a parts list started and get ready to get dirty. You guys are the best.
Ben :D