TXDTR #8 Forum for the Texas chapter #8

LazarSmith Burglary

Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Burglary attempt ends in shooting

http://theparisnews.com/news/front_p...cc4c002e0.html

A Pattonville business owner who said he caught three people trying to burglarize his home business began shooting at the three early Saturday, wounding one as the three drove away from the business.
Lamar County Sheriff's deputies scoured the nearby area, finding the wounded man and two others hiding in a field after fleeing the vehicle which was stuck in the mud.

Burglary suspects' bonds set

http://theparisnews.com/news/front_p...cc4c002e0.html

Three people arrested in a botched burglary attempt Saturday in Pattonville were arraigned Sunday and remained in Lamar County Jail today. Bonds were set for each.
Leah Ruthann Pedersen, 22, is being held on $70,000 bond for burglary of a habitation and engaging in organized criminal behavior. Kasey Dean Langston, 21, also faces a $70,000 bond on the same charges, and bond was set at $72,500 for John Mark Semple Jr., 29, on charges of assault causing bodily injury, burglary of a habitation and engaging in organized criminal behavior.

A quick Google search did show someone was shot in the butt ..... pardon me while I laugh mine off now.

-Kris
Old 11-29-2011, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Mike glad yall are ok! Great story can't wait to hear the details.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Good post Kris. Sure wish Ohio was more like Texas
Old 11-29-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Luckily they are in Texas where they STILL believe a man has the right to protect his life and property... The chance of these rats trying something like that again probably just dropped 80% thanks to Evan sending them to school errr I mean the Hospital
Yes, the Castle Law passed here in TX a few years back really strengthened property rights - used to be you could only shoot someone at night if they were carrying your stuff away... now you can blast away 24-7 if you think your property or your health & well-being is being threatened.
Still, there's a bit of paperwork involved, so we make a point of only capping those who need it.

Originally Posted by madhat
I'm sorry your joint got busted into, but SWEET JUSTICE!!!!!
Me too - the 1st time they came by Sat. AM they stole $K's worth of DeWalt machines I'd just purchased the day before for our new employee to use.

Love to have seen their faces when they returned for a bigger haul 90 minutes later - pulled up to the door and Evan came through the office door like an enraged honey badger in a shower of shell casings!

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Good post Kris. Sure wish Ohio was more like Texas
X2 Kris!
Probably one of the reasons TX's population has been growing more than any other state for years.
Just about everyone down here packs heat - amazing how civil it helps most folks to be.

Originally Posted by elirandolph
Dang Mike glad yall are ok! Great story can't wait to hear the details.
It's a juicy tale for sure Eli!

Thanks Robert for your LEO info & explanations over the years - really helped in this situation!
Everyone around here from the county sheriffs to our neighbors have been quite appreciative & supportive about the incident - apparently the gang had been a local nuisance for quite some time.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM

Great work !

Lemme know when I can start cutting hands off...
Old 11-29-2011, 02:35 PM

Our sheriff is a Marine who served in the 'box as an advisor - he was recounting how the crime rate in Saudi Arabia is practically nil due to their practice of hand-chopping thieves... seems quite effective as a deterrent!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry you got robbed, but glad Evan was there to set things straight. In this case, being "offensive" was the right thing to do. Sounds like you raised him right.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by crobtex
Sorry you got robbed, but glad Evan was there to set things straight. In this case, being "offensive" was the right thing to do. Sounds like you raised him right.
Forgot to ask, what was the "charges of assault causing bodily injury" on the Semple guy about?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Me too - the 1st time they came by Sat. AM they stole $K's worth of DeWalt machines I'd just purchased the day before for our new employee to use.
Did you get the tools back?
Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM

Forgot to ask, what was the "charges of assault causing bodily injury" on the Semple guy about?
Prior perpetory perpetrations

Did you get the tools back?
No - and not likely to (short of a miracle)... revealing where they were would be an admission of guilt from the criminal element.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Chapter President

Prior perpetory perpetrations

No - and not likely to (short of a miracle)... revealing where they were would be an admission of guilt from the criminal element.
Was hoping they still had them in the car.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 PM

No, they went & stashed them, monitored their LEO scanners for 90 minutes and came back to steal the rest - they figured it was the mother lode... not the Bad **** Lode.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Chapter President

No, they went & stashed them, monitored their LEO scanners for 90 minutes and came back to steal the rest - they figured it was the mother lode... not the Bad **** Lode.
Exactly why a lot of agencies are taking their radio communications off the public airways. CCSO was one of the most recent.

Hopefully so honest person will find their stash...............
Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 PM

Evan needs to get a pea shooter like yours he wouldnt have limped off then.....
Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 AM

Thanks guys!

I was searching for it on Google when I found a commend thread on one of the articles that mentions one of the criminals was actually shot in the butt. As soon as I saw that, I couldn't resist posting the info!

-Kris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LazarSmith Burglary