Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I watch wind blow...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's $4.09 here.

luckily we carpool to and from work.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
All new personal high for diesel today.....$3.959! Some places are $4.00 +. Too bad we have to support foreign countries when we have millions of gallons of oil under our own dirt.

Ole' Red just thought he was grounded before.
Charlie did you not buy fuel back in 08 when it was 4.95?
Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I think the most I remember paying was around $4.30. So far I've managed to stay in the $3.xx range this time around, although I'm dreading the trip to get fuel later. The low fuel light is on, so this bill won't be pretty.

The worst part is, I just filled up on Friday. Doesn't hurt so bad when I usually only fill up once every couple of weeks. Not used to every couple of days. Thanks stupid wind!!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:42 PM
I watch wind blow...

I have posted in the DTR prayers request forum. more prayers welcome for the Possum kingdom fires. this is devastating.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:24 PM

Prayers sent for the folks out west. I haven't seen much news lately, so I didn't realize how bad it was.

I'll ask for a few for the people in Tushka, OK that got hit by the tornado on Thursday night. One of our friend's family lives up there and the whole town was destroyed in one way or another. Andrea and I spent the entire weekend up there helping move salvageable furniture and cleaning up debris. Luckily, no one in the family was hurt. Everyone was riding out the storm in the cellars around the community.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I watch wind blow...

Done, Justin!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM

Since the weekend flew by pretty quick, I forgot to ask if anyone had any damage from the wind and hail that rolled through DFW on Thursday night. I got lucky and got off the ground in Kansas City right before it hit there and landed right before it hit here. I drove in some pretty heavy hail and wind from Grapevine to The Colony. Somehow, I managed to not get any damage on the truck, although I don't know how. Andrea said what we had at the house sounded way better than the storm that had came through on Sunday.

Now for my rant, how stupid can some people be? Right after it starting hailing, you could tell people started freaking out. Some slammed on their brakes, others sped up. At the first underpass we came to, a few pulled over to the shoulder to wait on the storm under the bridge (which wasn't doing much good since it was coming down sideways). But even the ones pulled over were a little indecisive whether they were staying so we went slowly through the area. At the second underpass, I topped the hill right before it and discovered a wall of brake lights across the road. People had stopped in the mail traffic lanes and the shoulders. At what point do people think it's a good idea to block a main lane on a freeway to try to hide from hail??
Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO!! Stupid city slickers!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I watch wind blow...

got confirmation, my friend lost his Hog bend house, and his house in Hells Gate out at PK. just awful
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
I watch wind blow...

but the family is safe, so I guess that's all that matters, they were able to save some family stuff, documents, photos. I feel for them.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Chapter President

Hate to hear that about your bud. A lot of bad stuff going on over there. They need a BIG rain in a bad way.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Think the rains came last night. Heard the worst of the fires got some help from mother nature..... but still only 50% under control. Really bad this year.

Update on my CTD. Body Doctor is in process of operating and should have it back next week.
Hitters insurance company came through ($6,500), incl full price on my UTE bumper but since UTE's no longer being imported, my choice is between Road Armor and Buck Stop. (see pics)
Both have jumped way up in price to more than I pd for the UTE in 03.
I asked for opinions at the GTG, and other places, and the results were evenly divided. But Road Armor came through with the much better price.... honoring a 2006, TDR, "Group Buy" I asked about. (never hurts to ask, right?) Also, Buck Stop was a 4-5 week wait for delivery??

Going to do mine much like the Road Armor in the Pic.... covering the "Road Armor" name with a painted plate. No winch but with pre-runner bar!

RJ
Attached Thumbnails April at The Ranch-buckstop.jpg   April at The Ranch-road-armor-2.jpg   April at The Ranch-road-armor-pre-runner.png  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
I watch wind blow...

I think it will look great RJ !!

I have seen many aluminum bumpers up here in my area. before I moved up here yours was the only aluminum one I had seen.... or noticed.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM

Thanks Max.... and Yeah, I bgt mine UTE in Colorado. Lots up there.
But both these are steel.

RJ
Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Going to do mine much like the Road Armor in the Pic.... covering the "Road Armor" name with a painted plate. No winch but with pre-runner bar!
Is that because you're saving the winch for the Jeep when you turn it into a hard core off-road rig??

So I need some help tracking down what could be causing a clunk in the front end over bumps. I've been noticing a noise that is more pronounced while turning left and hitting a bump. Then on some washboard county road last weekend, it seemed to be a little noisier in the front end. I got under there yesterday and put a wrench on most every bolt I could think of. I tightened the upper end of the 3rd gen trackbar in the conversion bracket. It wasn't loose, but I was able to tighten it up some more. The lower end was good. I tried the lower shock bolts because I've read they'll make noise, but I couldn't get any movement out of either of them. The sway bar bushings and end link bushings are showing wear, so I'll be replacing them next. Just have to go measure the sway bar diameter to find the right ones since all the websites give two options for these trucks.

What else do I need to look into?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: April at The Ranch