Towing and Hauling / RV Discuss towing and hauling here. Share your tips and tricks. RV and camping discussion welcome.

Does anyone own a Forest River Wolf Pack Toy Hauler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone own a Forest River Wolf Pack Toy Hauler?

I've searched this entire site and have only found 1 person who has one.

I've also searched RV.net and although there are a lot of discussion regarding Forest River there isn't a lot about this particular one.

If you or anyone you know has it can you let me know how it's been. What do you like/not like about it?

Thanks.
Click on Wolf Pack brochure.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/def...hoice=brochure
Old 04-28-2007, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I own a FR product and would never buy one again.It was over 30 grand and its a p.o.s. I've had nothing but problems and fights tring to get FR to cover things.If you do go with FR be sure your dealer is outstanding or you'll really be in trouble,mine is all that saved me.Even now ,we look for a different 5ver and FR has all the floor plans we like ,but,we will not jump in again.Just my .02.I'm sure you read most of this on RV.net
Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 AM

28'

Here is what I have and love it a 28 ' Transporter http://www.thorca.com/thor-service.html here is a list of them all and lots of good info http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/16259414.cfm good luck.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 PM

We just pick up a Desert Fox and after the first weekend it is still great
Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i just got back from a 2000 mile round trip with it. Three of us went to Wyoming for 5 days to play in the sand dunes. There is nothing real major new to tell ya from last time ya asked but one thing that contiues to anoy me is the furnace. There seems to be absolutly no insulation in the walls. The furnace has a hard time keeping it warm in the trailer at nite. It runs a lot more than i think it should and as I stated in the PMs the back section only has one heat duct. It got down cold enough to have frost on our machines at nite and we had to use several blankets to keep warm at nite even with the furnace running. I have stayed in normal campers in temps that cold before and the furnace would keep it more than warm enough in them that you could run the furnace off the house battery all nite and then recharge the battery the next day. On my Wolf Pack the battery wont even make it 1/2 way threw the nite so i have no choice but to run the generator all nite to keep the furnace fan running. If you live down south and will only be using it in warmer temps then this wont realy be a problem. I dont know if I stated it or note in the PMs but I dont think the flore is suficiantly braced with frame cross members. If you stand in one spot and have some one walk past you relitivly close you can feel the flore sag and to me it should be a lot stiffer than that to allow for loading it with machines. The tires are also elcheapos from china. On one of my fuel stops I had to put the spare on because one had a broken belt and would not have lasted much longer. Thats prety sad because the trailer is not even a year old and only has abought 4-5 thousand miles on it. Even with all the gripes we still like it. They are realitivly minor isues but anouing ones when you consider the purchase price. When i replace it I am either going to build my own from a good quilty trailer or go with one like I showed ya in the PMs.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 PM

I have a forest river salem toy Hauler fifth wheel. So far I like it.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone own a Forest River Wolf Pack Toy Hauler?-fifth-wheel-009.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 12:07 PM

another picture, 39 ft
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone own a Forest River Wolf Pack Toy Hauler?-fifth-wheel-004.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 08:35 PM

We have a 06 Wolf Pack Front Load Toy Hauler....Bumper Pull

Rick
Old 05-08-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't want to step on anyones toes who has a Forest River trailer,but the few times I've pulled them they were total crap,never seen worse fit and finish,nothing fits/works right.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:00 PM

This is great info. Ram Sport what do you think of yours? Do you have any pics of the inside?
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 PM

I've only pulled it once...Its a great pulling trailer. Inside has all the features a "offroad" trailer could have minus a refueling station. and the bed is hard. but it does have a full shower and a tiny tub. I'll see about getting a couples pics in the next couple days....

Rick
Old 05-10-2007, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the info
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Most trailers are tacks & staples. You just got to hope yours was built on a Good Day. I have a Forest River toyhauler F.S.Sandpiper Sport. It was not expensive and has performed perfect for 4 years.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:35 PM

This is a Toy Hauler
Old 05-11-2007, 09:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Those KZ's are sweet. Seem to have quality above the norm without being in the insane price range...

How does your SRW pickup handle it? Have you used it in cold temps (say around 20)?

I thought hard about a new (smaller) K-Z but decided to pay cash for the used Patio Hauler I have now... but I'm starting to think about something bigger.

Quick Reply: Does anyone own a Forest River Wolf Pack Toy Hauler?