TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

Well, guess I'm ready now....

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, guess I'm ready now....

A few months ago had the intank p.o.s pump go bad, so it got replaced with the Glacier fuel boss. Well going up to the big city the other day and had some problems getting the ol' gal into gear and heard some odd noises from below the shifter boot. So a simple phone call to Diesel Performance Parts in Nashville hoping they had a South Bend on the shelf as I needed to get this done on friday for a job I was hoping to get saturday and a week full of gas pipe welding next week.

They had a 400/800 South Bend there and after seperating me from $764 and one cheap Harbour Freight trans jack later the game was on. Well, wish I had $400 more, I would have paid to get that installed. Just don't have the desire of wrench turning anymore.....nor the patience. Got the clutch, flywheel all in, test drive down the road and all is well. Found the pilot bearing shot on the old clutch and signs of clutch slippage from the pretty rainbow colors on the old flywheel.

Looks like the truck is ready for some more power now, a little bit. Maybe get some injectors, 50-100's, not sure. Told the guy at DPP that I was hoping to wait on all this aftermarket stuff by the crap Dodge put on just keeps going bad!!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
A few months ago had the intank p.o.s pump go bad, so it got replaced with the Glacier fuel boss. Well going up to the big city the other day and had some problems getting the ol' gal into gear and heard some odd noises from below the shifter boot. So a simple phone call to Diesel Performance Parts in Nashville hoping they had a South Bend on the shelf as I needed to get this done on friday for a job I was hoping to get saturday and a week full of gas pipe welding next week.

They had a 400/800 South Bend there and after seperating me from $764 and one cheap Harbour Freight trans jack later the game was on. Well, wish I had $400 more, I would have paid to get that installed. Just don't have the desire of wrench turning anymore.....nor the patience. Got the clutch, flywheel all in, test drive down the road and all is well. Found the pilot bearing shot on the old clutch and signs of clutch slippage from the pretty rainbow colors on the old flywheel.

Looks like the truck is ready for some more power now, a little bit. Maybe get some injectors, 50-100's, not sure. Told the guy at DPP that I was hoping to wait on all this aftermarket stuff by the crap Dodge put on just keeps going bad!!
did u get a dual disc shaw?
if it was a single u needed i could have got u a better deal on one for about $350 new