TNDTR #34 Forum for the Tennessee chapter #34

TNDTR Chapter #34 Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well boys!! I searched Lebanon and found Delk Performance and they have a website and they have a MD1750 Mustang dyno. I called but their line was busy....so I went to their website and emailed them. When I here back from them with the info, cost/dates etc, I'll let you know. Like I said I want to plan this for the spring or maybe late winter, i.e, February or something just so we can gather up more members and set a firm date so everyone can plan ahead and hopefully get a good turnout! All the guys from MSDTR #31 are welcome! Streetsmoker will probably have enough power to his truck by then to burn the dyno down!!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Well boys!! I searched Lebanon and found Delk Performance and they have a website and they have a MD1750 Mustang dyno. I called but their line was busy....so I went to their website and emailed them. When I here back from them with the info, cost/dates etc, I'll let you know. Like I said I want to plan this for the spring or maybe late winter, i.e, February or something just so we can gather up more members and set a firm date so everyone can plan ahead and hopefully get a good turnout! All the guys from MSDTR #31 are welcome! Streetsmoker will probably have enough power to his truck by then to burn the dyno down!!

Excellent. I plan on having a few more mods by then and would love to get on a dyno.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Chapter President

So I have not heard from the yahoo's over at the dyno joint. Need to try and call them again when I get a chance. Been extremely busy and won't ease up until January sometime, so please bare with me when you see I have not posted much. I am gonna work on getting some decals made up for our chapter, I have the template, just need to find a local shop to whip up some.

There is a tractor pull, or pull what you brung down in Campbellsville, TN next saturday(October 7) starts at noon'ish. It's south of Mt. Pleasant on highway 166S or north of Pulaski on highway 166. They said they will have signs out to show the way to the track. Just a good ol' backyard truck/tractor pull, bring a cooler and a tailgate. This is the first time for me at this one and will have my two tractor pulling buddies...my boy and youngest daughter...I am seriously raising some diesel junkies!!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:54 PM

might want to ask them if their dyno will accept duallies. If it does I will probably bring mine.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:57 PM

hey, i found out that there is a dyno here in springfield. i am going to see if i can find out more about it coming up soon, thought i would update.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:02 PM

There is one in Mt.Juliet on hwy 70. Can't remember the name of the place but if your coming from hwy 109 into Mt.Juliet on 70 it's on the right side of the road. If im by there i'll try to get the name of the place, but I can't promise i'll be by there anytime soon. But if any of ya'll go through that area I believe it has an AC Delco sign on the front of the building. Also don't know what kind of dyno it is either but thinking it might be a mustang. Not alot of help but maybe somebody on here lives out there.

Mark
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Chapter President

Called over to Delk and got some info. To get the dyno we need to schedule about 6 weeks in advance to get a saturday. The dyno goes up to 1750hp and figured torque was around there to. They figure they can do 8-10 trucks in an 8 hour period, depending on how many DRW's there are. They can run the dual wheel, but have to remove your outer wheel to do so. So I don't know if that is the norm or not....anyone else know? Ok, so the dyno rent would be from 9am to 5pm and they will supply a tech to run dyno, remove wheels etc. The cost, well here goes, $1200 for the day. I guess if we had 10trucks it would be $120 each. Plus, assuming that we could get 10 trucks across the dyno. Would like to get more on there to lower the cost.

I also found one over in Smyrna, Performance Garage and am trying to get ahold of them to see what they have. I think it said they have a dynojet? Not to sure about that either. See what you can find out about Springfield
Micaiahfied. I did an web search for Nashville and dynos and only found these two.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 PM

That was a Mustang Dyno down at Southern Speed in Decatur.
It is a bit of a drive, but they sure treated us right. I'd drive back there anytime I need a dyno run.

Did someone say NEWCASTLE?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Chapter President

BUMP Got some info on another dyno in Smyrna. Available on saturdays, can run drw trucks without removing the outer wheel so save time there. He said we had two pay options, pay $800 for 8 hours and he'll get as many done as he can....or $75 plus tax for each truck. I told him that would be better that way it won't matter how many trucks show up.

So lets start talking dates. I was thinking end of February or beginning of March when it starts to warm up a bit...maybe I'll have my smarty by then. Plus it gives time for anyone to plan ahead so we can have a good turn out. If you don't want to dyno, come on anyhow and join in on the fun. We might consider givin him a tip too, what do you guys think? Also maybe some food? I'll have to try and get some time to go check out his operation and see if there would be room for a grill and maybe if there is we could all bring different things to grill, pot luck kinda thing. I'll have to think about top dyno run for the day, 1st,2nd,3rd. Some kind of prize or something....I personally don't have a ton of money laying around so it'll probably be something simple like gift certificate or some kind of stuff. Anyhow, lets here some ideas.....by the way........Where are you guys!!!

P.S Maybe if I make hamburgers again the guys from MSDTR would come?? Streetsmoker? Dmax? Prospector and Roper? NEWCASTLE!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:34 PM

Did someone say Newcastle?
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by DmaxEter
Did someone say Newcastle?
What the crap is with all the Newcastle stuff?
Old 09-29-2006, 10:14 PM

You make them burgers again Im there.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Chapter President

Boz, I think Newcastle is what runs through MSDTR 31 members for blood! Dmax is like Grandpa's best hound....his sense of smell is so good he can smell the word Newcastle!! It's a beer....must be below the Tennessee line, I have not seen any around here and I'm only 30 minutes from Alabama. Got me talking about it so much I need to try one. Hmmmm, guess I might have to make them burgers again!!

Oh yeah, did I say smarty? Now with all the looking around I like the edge comp cause it's shift on the fly...but then I saw the quadzilla xillarator and that looks pretty sweet and is also shift on the fly.....ohhhh boy, if I could only find that box I buried in the back yard?????
Old 09-30-2006, 03:11 AM
Chapter President

Set a date and time, and if I'm off the boat, I'll be there with bells on ready to smoke the competition!!! Literally
Old 09-30-2006, 06:11 AM
Chapter President

I kinda have to wait until I talk to some people on monday or tuesday and see if I am gonna be "relocating" a certain $8000 toolbox. See, I'll be on call every other saturday...does not mean I'll be working, if I get called out I get paid for what I did. If I don't get called out, they pay me 4 hours just because. So I kinda want to see what happens and maybe I can forecast down the road to make sure I'm not on call the saturday of the dyno day, that would stink.

Quick Reply: TNDTR Chapter #34 Discussion thread