Site News News and updates about the site.

DTR Now Bigger than TDR in membership.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Way to go guy's

there is a reason this site is so much better then the rest.
I love DTR!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I own half the site and,,,,
Hey,,,,,,, wait a darn minute,,,,,,,

What about the 50% of the stock shares that Jack sold to me? Not to mention Shovelhead said Jack sold him the other 50%,,,,,,,,

Most folks never see all the work that goes on behind the scenes and I really didn't know how long Top was gonna hang in there when he stepped up to his position. But I have got to hand it to him,,, I can't think of anyone else who would sacrifice the time and effort into a web site like he has.
Jack started something here that ended up being way too much for one man to keep up with and I'm not really sure that he even knew how fast we would grow. However, there was one thing he knew for sure,,, He knew that he wanted to create a family friendly site for folks to share information and start new friendships. The only thing that has ever been asked in return was to treat one another with respect and follow the few rules we posted on our front door. Everyone of the Admin/Mods share this same attitude and now, more and more members have expressed their support in that same "family friendly attitude".
We all know that the keyboard and little screen can be misleading when you throw a little emotion into the mix, but I am seeing more and more members counting to ten,,,, re-reading or going out of their way to keep things from being taken the wrong way. This is what has impressed me the most and made me proud to be a member here.

So,,,,,, Thank you Jack,, Thank you Lary,, Thank you fellow Admins,, and most of all,,,,,,,

Thank You,, "The DTR Members" for making this the biggest and best diesel site on the net!

OK,,,,, now I'm calling Jack to find out about that 50% stock share thing,,,
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Job Guys!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:54 PM

Location: Well I thought I lived in America, but its looking more like france every day.
Great news, Whats nice about this site is the members. Im new to diesel trucks (only 3 years) and I have always got very informative inforamtion to my ?'s. Great site
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Chapter President

Thank you guys, this is my second home. What's bad is there is more members on here than population in my home town (25,XXX)
Old 01-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Boy I tell ya....I have been running this place for over 3 years now, I own half the site and yet the only reason this happened is all due to Jack...as I must not have had anything to do with it

Thats OK..I don't spend all these hours for the kudo's anyway, my reward comes knowing that my effort has kept this place online and still FREE for everyone to enjoy

Good Job Jack! Sorry I couldn't have helped you out a little along the way

Thanks to our Great members! you can't find a better bunch of people ANYWHERE on the Internet

PS: Just funning with ya John P And thanks to all you Admins for helping me keep the place nice for the members, your dedication is what keeps us growing so strong!
-----------------------------
Lary:

Now you KNOW better than that Lary!! But to "keep the peace" I have gone back and made a change to my wording. I know how hard you have also worked on this site Lary and would never disrespect that!

Sorry for not being more thoughtful of you.

-------
John_P
Old 01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Chapter President

Talking

Congratulations to all that made this site what it is today!!
I have learned soo much from this site and try to pass it along to people who need help.
Along the way i have made a few good friends and all the members i have met have been top notch.
Now if all of the 30,913 members would just join their local Chapter we might be onto something.
So stop waiting and join your local chapter and make some new friends. That would be awesome!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM

just wanted to send out my congrats as well, this is a great site and i'm proud to be a member and i'm glad that we are the biggest around!!! but now guys, do you think that TDR is gonna try and do anything about this or not?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 PM

Thanks to everyone for the site. I am new to Dodge and Cummins, and this is the first forum I found while searching for info. I never bothered to check out any other sites, as there is everything I need (and more) right here.

I am planning on owning this truck for a long time, so I suppose that means I will be around here for a long time also.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:20 PM

When I joined this site ,over 2 years ago, I did not care that we were not the largest. Quality is what I was after!

It would not matter to me if DTR were the smallest! The quality and character of an organization is what matters to me!

DTR has always been the best quality information that I have found thanks in no small part to the Administration of this site, and more thanks to the members!

Admin please remember what happened to Home Depot when they became the "biggest"...............Nobody wants to go to Home Depot!

I personally will not allow that to happen here!!!
And more members than I can count feel the same!!!!

Jack , Lary and the rest of the admins do an OUTSTANDING job, well above and beyond my personal expectations, as you well know, I'll help you guys out in anyway I can

Now, Admins, stop slapping each other on the back as, " Total world domination" is a ways off!! GET BACK TO WORK!!

P.S. When DTR goes public I want in on the ground floor!!!

Rick
Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridiculous
but now guys, do you think that TDR is gonna try and do anything about this or not?
Whats the point?
Both are great sites.
Each have their good and bad points.
It takes much time, effort and money to keep a site up.
And for that, I thank you.
Sometimes, less is more.
Quality, not quantity.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by runamuk
Nobody wants to go to Home Depot!
The only reason I "go" to "Home Depot" is because of the sports bar with the smokin hot bar tenders right next door to it. I tell ya, that's a great way to attract customers!

I'm fairly new around these parts, but very happy to be a part of the group none-the-less.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
The only reason I "go" to "Home Depot" is because of the sports bar with the smokin hot bar tenders right next door to it. I tell ya, that's a great way to attract customers!

I'm fairly new around these parts, but very happy to be a part of the group none-the-less.

Xactly my point bud!

TDR was the target but nobody knew just how small the target was! Don't even tell me that we have reached the pinnacle, as there are benefits from being #1.

Lets hope that Jack and Lary make the most out of them! I've got your 6 with a few(40) friends guys, where are we headed?

Rick
Old 01-08-2007, 09:17 AM

awesome and congratulations.I havent renewed my TDR subscription in 3 yrs now,and have no plans too.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridiculous
but now guys, do you think that TDR is gonna try and do anything about this or not?
There has never been a competition between DTR and TDR as far as we are concerned. We do things here a little differently than they do, and still have some of the same great people on both sites.

TDR is a great place and NO ONE here has any animosity toward them in any manner what so ever.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DTR Now Bigger than TDR in membership.