Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What tranny

Ok i no every body has there differant prefrances on trannys im just trying to get an idea of the top choices people have and what they have to offer and a price range of what im looking to spend my stocker just blew. THANKS!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM

I love my DTT. I just wish I wouldve got a triple disk TC now. I dont have the power to hurt my super single as of now, but I fear I might in the future.
I was a few hundo short for the triple and it might end up costin me another 1500+ down the road.

My advice is if your gonna build it, build it right. All billet with a tripple disk. That way youll be sure.

DTT, Goerand, and Sun Coast seem to be the best names for everything Trans.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:16 PM

Very happy with my Goerend transmission and the customer service is top notch. I was having a problem with my Valve Body install on a Saturday evening and decided to call them right away and leave a message while the problem was fresh in my mind. I was thinking that Dave would get back to me the following week. He called me back 10 minutes after I had left the message and explained what I needed to do.

Every time I have called and talked to Dave, he has always taken the time to help.

I decided to go with a Goerend trans because of the rave reviews I read here on the DTR and now you have read mine.

http://www.goerend.com/internalparts.php
Old 09-27-2009, 08:04 AM

i was looking at the goerend trannys but didnt know if they hold up cause im going to be geting an airdog 150,ddp110 injectors and of coarse a bigger turbo dont no what turbo yet. i will also be hauling wood alot this winter and next summer ill be doing landscaping work with pulling things out of the ground. so i guess with that said what would be the safest bet to be sure it wont fail on me. THANKS
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 AM

just be sure to tell Dave at Goerend what mods you have/are going to have and what you will be doing with the truck, he will tell you what you need and explain why and different options, he will not steer you wrong or oversell you

Dave is very honest, I love my Goerend, made my truck a totally new truck, I can't expain the difference!!!! Had it installed by one of his trained installers, I've put about 85k miles on it and it's as tight as the day I bought it
Old 09-27-2009, 08:52 AM

Georends will hold what ever you throw at it. The customer service is the best ive ever dealt with and heard of. I blew one of his trannys up and(my fault) and he made me a new one got it here in 6 days and i only paid to ship it $385 and change. He has lifetime warranty on his converters. He sent me a few till we found the right stall for my sled puller at no cost. My tranny has worked flawlessly hook to the sled many times this year.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:42 AM

ok cool then i guess on monday ill be calling them up and get one on order thanks for all the help guys
Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by tctblades
i was looking at the goerend trannys but didnt know if they hold up cause im going to be geting an airdog 150,ddp110 injectors and of coarse a bigger turbo dont no what turbo yet. i will also be hauling wood alot this winter and next summer ill be doing landscaping work with pulling things out of the ground. so i guess with that said what would be the safest bet to be sure it wont fail on me. THANKS
I drag race my truck almost every week-end at well over 700 HP with no problems. You can't go wrong with DAVE GOEREND. Thanks Steve B.