Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

US Gear D-celerator

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Gear D-celerator

I know some of you have offered your expertise in this area before and now I'd like some more help.... I've finally got my on board air kit on its way and now it's time to put this bad boy in..... SOrry for the pictures, they are from a cell phone....

How do I connect an air line to this type of connection? I've never seen this before, nor have I connected any sort of air system. HELP!

Where would you mount the brake? Under the cross member or further toward the tail end of the exhaust? Worried about noise w/ it being right under the passenger side.... Would you mount it with the actuator up on top of the brake or turn it on the side?

There are only 2 wires and it did NOT come with the wiring harness. I don't want a complex wiring system. Just a simple switch that turns it on when I want and turns it off when I do... One wire is already grounded. So I assume that if I just connect a positive lead to the white wire it will turn the brake on when switched on...? Is this right?

So what is the gold piece?

Any other tips on making this brake work as best it can w/ my set up? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:14 AM

Well for connecting nylon air lines to the above picture. It looks like a quick disconnect style fitting. All you do is take the air line, push it into the fitting until it bottoms out and you are done. Give it a yank and it should stay attached. I can't help you much with the wiring being as I've never installed one. But I assume just like you that if ran to a switch, it'll activate a solenoid of some sort? The bottom picture looks almost like a wastegate style diaphragm. Not sure what it does, but boost or exhaust must hook up to it.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Chapter President

Thanks.

I'll try that out.

Anyone know about the rest of the post?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Chapter President

Bump....

Started the install. Will be doing a write up on it... but I'd still like some answers....