Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

School me..

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
School me..

Hey guys, I usually lurk around on the 1st gen section and have a ball with my old junk, but I need some help with some 24v mods. I have a 2001 2500 quad, 24v 6spd 4x4. 88K on it. Would like to tap into it moderatly. Should I follow the masses and go with a Fass/Airdog, Edge Comp (150/350), MBRP 4"
and AirRaid intake? That seems to be the pattern. I do not plan on turbo upgrade, sticks or valve springs. It might tow once in a while on the proper setting, but will mostly run empty. Not looking for a dyno killer, just a solid strong combo.
I searched many threads, but the combinations are huge compared to my VE pumped 12v.
Anybody know how to PM larry Ellis at the DTR store?
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not a 24v guy, but if you go to the second line down on top of the page, there is "members list" click that and then go to the right corner it says "search members" type Lary Ellis in it and his name will come up. You can PM him from his user profile.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 PM

I'd go with AirDog and the Edge Juice with attitude, by the time you instal gauges and a comp it would have been cheaper to get the J/A PLUS the Juice will monitor your engine vitals and defuel if required where the COMP will not. this is a nice feature so that you DONT have to stare at the gauges more than you stare at the road!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Brutalowner
Hey guys, I usually lurk around on the 1st gen section and have a ball with my old junk, but I need some help with some 24v mods. I have a 2001 2500 quad, 24v 6spd 4x4. 88K on it. Would like to tap into it moderatly. Should I follow the masses and go with a Fass/Airdog, Edge Comp (150/350), MBRP 4"
and AirRaid intake? That seems to be the pattern. I do not plan on turbo upgrade, sticks or valve springs. It might tow once in a while on the proper setting, but will mostly run empty. Not looking for a dyno killer, just a solid strong combo.
I searched many threads, but the combinations are huge compared to my VE pumped 12v.
Anybody know how to PM larry Ellis at the DTR store?
Thanks!
Nice and modest rig with no need for tons of money spent:

-- Mach injectors of 100hp or less
-- Quadzilla XZT+
-- BHAF

No need for 4" exhaust or overpriced fuel delivery systems. It *is* a good idea to replace the banjos with something that flows better, but your stock LP will deliver enough fuel with better plumbing.

I'm still running my factory original LP (yes, 7+ years) and have plenty of fuel pressure to feed 150hp injectors.

This will give you a nice warmed up truck with no need for turbo replacements, exhaust upgrades, and all the myriad other add-ons.

You WILL need guages-- always. Pyro at least, boost is nice too.

Fuel Pressure can be monitored with a cheap $25 liquid filled guage from Jeg's or Summit-- mine has performed perfectly over 3 years.

JH
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM

I would recomend a FASS or air dog first, I actually picked up a few MPG when i put mine on. Then An air intake wheather its a AFE, air raid or bhaf, they will all flow well enougf for what your looking for. 4 inch exhast will help with EGTS but you don't need an expensive MBRP, AFE makes one thats cheap, you may just have to wrestle with it a bit to intsall it. As far as the chip goes, you could start with an edge ez i had one for year and loved it, I still run it just stacked with a smarty. The EZ won't push EGTs that high if accompanyed with the other mods i listed, so you may not need guages, unless you tow something heavy. The smarty is nice but has a huge price tag and i wouldn't recomend it for a mild upgrade becuase of price. The edge comp box is great, probably my next upgrade, but gauges will be a must with this one. The edge juice is a good chip too and it comes with guages so the price is pretty good. The juice would probably siut your needs best. Then theres quadzilla, and i have no experence with it, but i'm sure someone that does can give you a rundown its price/power