Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

performance boxes/ newbie help!!!

Old 05-06-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance boxes/ newbie help!!!

Yo guys need some help
I put in the scotty II (kicks ***) awsome turbo noise form the cowl too
Have the gauges goin in now.
What box should i go with. What is the best bang for buck
i dont want to limit my self for the future dont want to drop a load of dough also.
help with suggestion and who has the best deal on it
please

oh yea
01 stock quad cab ram
plow hooked up
tow my bikes alot
have fun all around
love hot doggin
Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 PM

Maybe a Edge comp box untapped until you upgrade transmission, then you have more power on tap, literally.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 PM

I like the Superchip. Three settings to chose from, will double as a OBDII code reader. Found it for $275. on eBay; best price I've seen for any of the comparable chips. Also this as a programer, not a chip, so there is nothing to install or tap.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Noted in your sig you were not sure of your gear ratio.....look at the tag in the glove box. It will tell you there. You say you love "hot doggin", best spend the money now and upgrade the trans before going with the "chip". I only run an EZ Edge and you have to be a little carefull on how you drive or you can run over the torque convertor clutch.....and yes, I'm looking at trans upgrades myself.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:12 PM

genros,

like J BODY mentioned above, you should be able to tell which gears you have by looking in the glove box for the tag. It should be 3.55 or 4.10, unless aftermarket gears were installed. 3.73's were not an option in 01 trucks.

As far as boxes go, i don't think you can beat the edge comp. Run it without tapping the pump wire and it will add 60+hp and 180+ft lbs and your trans will have a chance at surviving. Once you upgrade your trans because you need more power (or it died), then you can just tap the wire and pick up a bunch more power. If you decide to go for big power it will be able to support it. I'm not sure what i'm dynoing, but on fuel only an edge drag comp and Don M's (F1 Diesel) injectors deliver enough fuel to push my truck into the 11's. It's a very versatile fueling box. There's my two cents.

Later,
Chris
Old 05-07-2005, 04:39 PM

i got the edge comp on mine and WOW it realy wakes up your truck they are on ebay for $550 free shipping(new) it took me an hour to put in and made my truck more than twice as fast i was running 20ies on the 1/4 mile now i am doing 16's flat thats power i dont care who you are, lol
i like the fact that my mileage went up and i gots lots of power also!
the chip is fun and you can adjust it on the fly to show your buds power stage 1 to 5 and just wach there eyes get bigger and bigger as you go from 1-2-3-4-5 at the push of a butten and pushing them harder into there seats. also waching them grab for the o-s*** handels every time you hit the gas is fun

hope this helps
Old 05-08-2005, 07:28 AM

boxes

Hey guys
i have 4.10 in the rears. I have found the ex comp for 550 on ebay also found a meet or beat the price guy. Im waiting to hear back from them now. are the installation intruction clear in the ez comp. I am goin on a trip to myrtle beach on friday (bike week) would like to have it done for the trip