Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Diesel Dynamics Stage II injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel Dynamics Stage II injectors

Looking for some info on these injectors if anyone has them/has used them?

I looking at buying a used set from a guy and we probably all know DD has been out of business for quite some time (now R&D for Edge). Are these injectors the 'Jammer' injectors Edge now sells? (Haven't heard to good of things about the Jammers)

Are these injectors EDM'd? How's the EGT's over stock? MPG? You get the general idea of what I'm looking for. Tried 'searching' and couldn't find much info.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
As far as I remember, the DD2s are not EDM'd, they are extrude honed injectors. I've been running them for a long time with no problems. They definitely are old technology compared to the newer styles, but they still work well.

They don't roll loads of smoke, but they do blow more than stock. They're good for running with a bus fueling box (or programmer) with the stock turbo. If you tap the wire, you'll need more turbo.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to 'roll smoke', I want a clean and efficient injector. Did you notice any increase in MPG going to these injectors? I'll be changing over to a stock HX35 as well when I do the injectors.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
If you're looking for a clean and efficient injector, I'd look at something like a Mach 1.6. The Mach line of injectors are good stuff. I ran some Mach 6s in mine for a while and I was impressed with how clean/efficient they were for such a large injector. I only switched back to the DD2s because I don't have the cash or time to upgrade everything else needed to run those big sticks at the moment.

The DD2s will get you by, I may have picked up a slight increase on mileage, but it was nothing major. Plus, since I had an HO pump when I originally switched, the gains were bigger since the HO pumps like injector swaps.

What other fueling mod (if any) are you planning to run? If you stick with something like an EZ or Smarty, you can get by with the HX35. If you go up to a wire tap box, you'll need more than a HX35 on the upper levels.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Can't afford the Mach 1.6's currently, have heard great things about them.

I have the Adrenaline. I'm getting the HX for next to nothing (better then the current HY) so that's why it's going on.

Thanks for the input Justin.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I went from DD2's on my '98.5 w/Edge EZ to Mach 1.6's. I could not detect any change in power,idle or mpg.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Danderson
I went from DD2's on my '98.5 w/Edge EZ to Mach 1.6's. I could not detect any change in power,idle or mpg.
This is interesting, why the change from DD to Mach's? Was there any difference in smoke, could you tell? Would you do the switch again knowing what you know now?

The DDII's I'm looking at are 7 hole injectors.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I replaced a set of DD2s with Mach 4s-- a substantial increase in size.

The M4s will actually flow more fuel before they smoke than the DD2s did.

The DD2s were a fun upgrade, but having now used the Machs, I would either go Mach or stay stock.

Hey, that rhymes
Old 09-12-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpunkysRam
Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to 'roll smoke', I want a clean and efficient injector. Did you notice any increase in MPG going to these injectors? I'll be changing over to a stock HX35 as well when I do the injectors.

Been running DDII's for about 3 yrs now I bought from a DTR member. Very smokey for me (probably altitude) but controllable, never care about mpg's, they increased egt's for sure but I never ran them with stock turbo only the hybrid.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:23 AM

What is your altitude? Were they 'smokey' down low or at higher RPM?

Sorry for all the question guys, just looking for as much info as possible.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpunkysRam
What is your altitude? Were they 'smokey' down low or at higher RPM?

Sorry for all the question guys, just looking for as much info as possible.

I'm @ 7,000 ft. What I meant by very smokey is that if I want I can black out (intentional smoke) an entire intersection at low rpm, some turbo lag and being in too high of a gear(lugging). For the most part they just produce a haze with normal driving in town or highway.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:47 PM

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure being at 7000' doesn't help any. It looks like I'm going to be picking these up sometime this week.