Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Changes happening to the goat..

Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changes happening to the goat..

While in Colorado a couple of weeks ago, I had the guy that built my trans 5 years ago check it out and change the fluid. ($209 to flush and replace with synthetic, fix two stripped holes) at the same time I had him install the Hytech pan. WOW!! My trans temp dropped 30-60 degrees! I was hesitant about dropping the money on such an expensive pan, but can't say enough about it now. Cooler trans temps and 4 extra quarts of fluid have to be good for the trans. Next is the diff covers.

I have a new trac bar in the garage along with a new stabilizer shock and the DSS stabilizer has been ordered.

Also installed Bilstein shocks on the rear finally. Had the front on for a couple thousand miles just never go around to the rear.

Installed Mopar headlights, fog lights and the black bumper cap on the front bumper Saturday. I CAN SEE AGAIN! Plus the looks of the front of the truck have improved.

And finally, I began the task of buffing out all of the scratches to the clear coat. The picture attached shows the right quad cab door on the left and the passenger side door on the right. The left of the picture is the first pass with the buffer and the right side of the picture shows what it DID look like. Notice the halogen light reflection. REALLY tells the story. My entire truck basically looks like the door. I washed the work area with Dawn to strip it down to the clear coat. Then used a clay bar in it. Then the buffer. The old goat is coming along. By the time it's all said and done, I'll have the paint fixed, all new shocks and front steering rebuilt and improved. She's paid for so I better keep her happy

Name:  After1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  100.2 KB
Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, nice job on the paint.. Wish I could get mine to look like that...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:23 PM

my truck looks just like that pic on the right, i hate it. i want to buff my truck as well but I am scared to buff black. any tips you think you can give a rookie buffer? thanks!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:55 PM

This is the kit I bought. I bought it to fix the Dodge and to polish up the Corvette.
Adam's

LOTS of videos on the site also on youtube. Look for "slow cut" on youtube and you will find videos by junkman. I watched HOURS of vids before touching my truck.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by fade94
This is the kit I bought. I bought it to fix the Dodge and to polish up the Corvette.
Adam's

LOTS of videos on the site also on youtube. Look for "slow cut" on youtube and you will find videos by junkman. I watched HOURS of vids before touching my truck.
Wow! Thanks a lot bud! Looks like a very nice kit! I will let ya know how it turns out!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice job on the paint! When can I make an appointment to drop mine off with you? LOL