Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wet and Soggy Breakroom, July 26 - Aug 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wet and Soggy Breakroom, July 26 - Aug 1

GLUG - GLUG - - pipe me down some more air. HELP!!!!!! Hope everyone else is above water level. We are getting it down here - - day after day. Low right off the coast and may develop into tropical storm. I could have told them that a week ago - - could feel it in my bones.

Soooo, coffee, ph00 and hot tea, iced tea, cimmmmaammum buns are on the counter and ready for your indulgence. Come and get it.

Bob
Old 07-26-2015, 05:42 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning all, Bobby-put on your water floaties. It's been 20 years since I played with the "Tropical" storms. Hope it peters out on ya!

I added some lefse, real butter, and sifted sugar to the goodies.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:00 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. The rain moved away to SoggyBob and yesterday we had an absolutely stupendous day. Most of the day was cloudless with a brilliant blue sky and an occasional gentle breeze. Late afternoon there were a few puffy white clouds, but nothing serious. Spent the day out in the country surrounded by nothing but a forest of trees. Got my lungs full of very fresh air. My wife almost stepped on a snake, so that led to a shriek and some dancing. She can't even look a picture of a snake without flinching.

Thanks for the coffee and cimmmmaammum buns. Always room for cimmmmaammum buns and a coffee. Always room for ice cream too. It melts and trickles down into all the unfilled holes. Lefse is new to me and had to look it up. Sounds very good.

The Mexicans love their fireworks and loud bangs. Every day we hear some, normally starting around 5 a.m. When there is some sort of celebration they let rip with hundreds of crackers etc. No idea what the occasion is this morning, but for the last 30 - 40 minutes the noise has been almost continuous. Without exaggeration I would say that there have been 1,000's of crackers let off. Many of them were chain type with about 5 bangs per second, going on for about 30 seconds. It is finally starting to taper off. As far as I know, all these fireworks are home made.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Old 07-26-2015, 08:24 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Do you have Norwegian ancestry?
Old 07-26-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Rainy days means cat naps for me. My big accomplishment so far this weekend was tuning up the wife's Subaru. For 50,000 miles, the plugs still looked good. The car has 200K on it.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Note to self...
When a tent is left unattended for several days, check for wasps...carefully.
Crazy!

My sister and niece were t boned by a suburban in my niece's KIA Rio.
My niece has a swollen face from the air bag.
The kid driving the burb didn't see the yield sign. It was blocked by trees/leaves. Witness on porch swears the kid was texting. Kid says no way.
Police will check ph records, no texts on phone from time of accident.
Niece is getting a new ride for her birthday which is on Tuesday.
Driver charged for failed to yield.

What a mess for a fairly low speed collision.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Do you have Norwegian ancestry?
Yup, 50 % for me.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:35 PM

NEWS FLASH. SUN IS APPEARING IN SHORT BURSTS FOLLOWED BY RAIN IN SHORT BURSTS. Have no idea how the sun is appearing for the sky is solid clouds - - - well, maybe not so solid, but not blue showing at all. Hmm??? Is that a new trend?

Hey Stan - - thought of you at lunch today - - took the blonde to a Mexican restaurant and had burritos. Been a while - - good. Way too much food - - we both brought half of our food home for tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:30 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ahhhh my designated recovery days have arrived. And recover I will. Busy week came to a close, good busy, fun busy; the busy that gets you where you want to stare at the wall in your quiet home and enjoy the isolation for a bit to rest the body, brain and feelings.

Thanks for the breakroom Bob, good cinnabuns. Go well with a lazy cup of coffee. Well, not your buns, I don't know if yours are even cinnaminy, but you know what I mean.

Yall have a good one
Old 07-27-2015, 06:32 AM

Started the day On Time, Good coffee and a PBJ. Then saw the truck buy-back story on the news. Looks like the front end issues are the cause. Wouldn't you know it, I sold the 08 about a month ago. If you haven't seen it, Jeeps are included also. Fox has a pretty good story if you want to look it up.

Have a good week.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:12 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Heavy rain warning here.
2-4 inches and higher with the embedded thunderstorms.

Hi Shorts
Hi Sherod
Hi Shtan
Hi Shbobby
Hi Shlary
Hi Shyall yall
Old 07-27-2015, 09:51 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
48° and light rain here. So dry it is already looking like fall around here. Lot of yellow leaves all ready.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Monday all y'all. It is a cool and cloudy morning on the edge of the Canadian Prairies. We aren't going to get the rain that Scotty is being forecast to get, but it sure isn't summery. It looks like everyone is keeping up with the normal tom-foolery and shenanigans.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:34 AM

Wow, this rain is something else. We are under flood watch with roads under and rivers rising. No relief until Thursday. OUCH. Low pressure right off our coast that will not go away - - been here for over a week.

Grabbing a ph00 and heading out of here to get something done.

Bob

Quick Reply: Wet and Soggy Breakroom, July 26 - Aug 1