Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

we're slipping break room Dec 6 Dec 10

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening everyone! Scotty and Cougar if you want to come here where it's warm, 19* tonight. Just bring some shorts and flowered shirts haha! Working late at the shop, 6.0 powerstrokes are becoming pretty lucrative lately. They get kinda mad when they ask what they should do to make them run longer... I tell them to trade them in for a Cummins, then i'll only see them for filter and fluid changes.

Keurig making hot cocoa as we speak...
Old 12-09-2016, 07:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hmmm, hot chocolate. Sounds good. Little nippy out there tonight. We moved over to the east coast today for two days before heading home. Looking out the window of our condo right at the ocean tonight. Big boat parade tomorrow one block from here - - always good. They really light them up for Christmas. I just get jealous when I have to sit and watch those suckers. Gorgeous.

Just posted the latest on Jeff, my son-in-law under Prayer Requests. Some better news today, but a long way to go.

I will hang it up for tonight. ....................
Old 12-10-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mornin y'all. Started out at 18* here this mornin. Should be 30ish by noon. Snow/rain for monday then 45* by monday afternoon. Welcome to New England.. Powerstroke surgery almost complete and then a 6.5 turbo gmc for a no start. If there's time an oil leak on a Mack. But it's date night and the Mrs never really asks for much. So when she does, i make it happen.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gorgeous morning today. Still cool but warming up to 73 today. Neat to look out the sliding glass door at the beach. These beaches along here (near Daytona) and amazing - - - long stretch at low tide from the beach to the water and cars can drive on the wet sand. Tide is coming in right now, so not a lot left to drive on, but beautiful sand for sunning.

Put the coffee and ph00 on, but no goodies --- not at home. Pretty good news from the daughter this morning - - Jeff is remembering all the stuff he has going on and laying out his schedule to get them done. Bad part is no comprehension or acceptance of his condition to do be able to do them. And no driving for 6 months. OUCH. His work requires driving and machinery like saws -- - a no no for 6 months. It will be tough on him -- - he is stubborn.

Grabbing a ph00 and heading for the boat show. ...................
Old 12-10-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Freezing fog around town yesterday. I need to come up with a better windshield wiper fluid. The -20° stuff still freezes. Heater on the 01 only works on high, bad resistor AGAIN. Wondering why I wasn't getting much heat out.