Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Valentines Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentines Advice

Help a guy make his wife feel as special as possible without spending a ton of money. I know making dinner and giving her a card and maybe a heart felt poem (that hurts to think about) would make her feel special but what else does everyone have for ideas? Feel like I do the same thing all the time and just wanted some outside inputs to help shake it up a bit. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 PM

Why not get her a gift card from a day spa and let her pamper herself, better yet get yerself one also, my wife luv's it when i do things with her, my wife said most women want to do things with thier husbands and vice versa. May just be my wife but she's not much on the cooking for her and flower thing,mainly since it's easy to do. make it a suprise and something she wont expect from you, i got my wife a shotgun one year so she could go bird hunting with me...SHE LOVED IT!!
GOOD LUCK BUD.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The BOSS( my angel) enjoys the gifts that show I am thinking of her more than teh ones that cost $$$..

Example, stopping by her office and bringing her chocolates from a specialty store down the street from her building is OK, bringing enough to give oneto every girl in her office before I give them to her is A-1 !! that way her co-workers know she is getting pampered by her guy, and her ego loves that, tho she wouldnt admit it...

Little friviolous things that she wants, but wont or cant get herself are always a good way to show you are thinking of her.....
Old 02-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Little friviolous things that she wants, but wont or cant get herself are always a good way to show you are thinking of her.....
Like a new puppy for example! <inside joke!>

chaikwa.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Like a new puppy for example! <inside joke!>

chaikwa.
Thats what she got last year.... a 120 lb puppy.....she has developed a real love/hate relationship with that poor dog too....
loves having it around while I am working nights, hates the huge paw prints on her floor, and oh, you should have seen her the one time the poor thing jumped up on the bed with her!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Thats what she got last year.... a 120 lb puppy.....she has developed a real love/hate relationship with that poor dog too....
loves having it around while I am working nights, hates the huge paw prints on her floor, and oh, you should have seen her the one time the poor thing jumped up on the bed with her!!!!
I'm surprised it was just 'one time'!

chaikwa.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
I'm surprised it was just 'one time'!

chaikwa.
You only saw her good side..... the poor puppy saw the "creature" it'll NEVER get on that bed again........
Old 02-01-2008, 06:15 AM
Administrator

You only saw her good side..... the poor puppy saw the "creature" it'll NEVER get on that bed again........
Hard to b'lieve, but I'll take your word for it!

chaikwa.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:50 AM

Edited by madhat...
WOW .... that was truly BAD FORM, man. You should be ashamed of yourself .

PISTOL
Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 AM

I went with the personalized heart with a poem and our names engraved into it for christmas.

here is the link to the site, there are even sample poems so you dont have to do your own. Once she sees your names on it its all good.

http://www.personalizationmall.com/
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 PM

Here ya go .... this is something that is sure to make her happy, especially if there is jewelry included !! Mrs. Pistol got one of them for me at Christmas time ... real cool.

http://www.timelessmessage.com/

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM

I can only speak from what I've been told - if she's not happy.....you're not happy.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by taterfarm
I went with the personalized heart with a poem and our names engraved into it for christmas.

here is the link to the site, there are even sample poems so you dont have to do your own. Once she sees your names on it its all good.

Much appreciated .
Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by taterfarm

That site ahs some great gifts Thanks for the link.... that got my V-Day shopping done!
Old 02-02-2008, 06:44 AM

Well, I got my girlfriend a HMF slip on exhaust for her quad. But then, I also bought her the quad a couple weeks ago. She says I am clear for valentines day gifts now

Biggest thing for me is surprises. I love surprising her, and when you really surprise her good, it shows that you put some thought into it and made an effort.

Quick Reply: Valentines Advice