Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Spring Forward Break Room

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I have dealt with a few S&W Bodyguards here in the shop, customers having problems with them cycling properly. I sent 3 off to S&W so they could work them in their custom shop, polish feed ramps etc......overall no real help. I think you really have to find the ammo it likes and stick with just that brand.

The Walther's are a really nice firearm most I have seen run smooth and reliable. I am partial to the small Kimber's myself, basically small 1911s and we all know how great that platform is.

Check out the Micros....this "Bel Air" is trying real hard to find a home here lol ( I have always been enamored with the 55 Chevy Bel Air ) I prefer a toned down version for myself but I have to be realistic when dealing with small handguns around here. I have multiple safes full of guns and all the small ones tend to disappear and end up in my wife's possession Kimber America | Micro Bel Air
Attached Thumbnails The Spring Forward Break Room-bel-air.jpg  
Old 03-16-2017, 09:25 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks! lots of hot coffee and phoo for you know who

Fresh baked goodies including banana bread and some lemon cranberry muffins. Get em while they are hot!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good Morning Folks! lots of hot coffee and phoo for you know who

Fresh baked goodies including banana bread and some lemon cranberry muffins. Get em while they are hot!
Your LEGGS are always hot.
🔥
Old 03-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Admin Team Leader

Actually my Leggs are so cold my knees are knocking

I am READY fro Spring! I need some heat, as in warm air and sunshine brrrrrrr
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Evening - - - grabbing a 1/2 cup of ph00 - - too late for more. Been running all day. Off to meeting at 7am, doctor at 10, friend's mother just died and I had to get to their house to help plan the funeral for Saturday. They asked me to conduct the memorial, so need to plan out my notes tomorrow and put the order together to get ready. Need lady - - her husband was amazing -- he died about 10 years ago. He built a gorgeous tri hulled sail boat, 42' long, at his house. He retired and his wife and he sailed across to Europe, down to Africa, across to S. America. Lived on it for something like 3 years before buying a home here in Florida, but they still would take long trips in that boat. I could not believe he built it at his home - - looked like a professional poured hull. Wow. It was very nice. Great family. At least he was ready to meet his maker, and now his wife is with him again. Great end to the story.

Wrapping up my day and heading to the beddy bye. Morry.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where we are still enjoying great weather, in spite of it being crazy March.

Coffee and ph00 is almost ready. Be patient. It is soooooo hard to wash out the dried up crud from the old stuff that nobody drank.

Bob, seems to me that you are having too many not so nice experiences lately.

Anybody experiencing any warnings about insecure connection to DTR? Mine started yesterday and can't seem to fix it.

Off to start my day. See yuh.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I started getting the same warning about 3 days ago. My laptop did an update of some kind and that is when it started.

Another very busy week ahead. POTUS is dropping by speak in Louisville. Guess I'll be back in the Command Post again. I kinda miss the days of actually working patrol. (Unless it's cold, rain, snow, hot, windy)
Old 03-17-2017, 08:29 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
(Unless it's cold, rain, snow, hot, windy)

Hmmm, wonder why this made me think of someone who is getting old and lazy?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
-9° and clear. Getting tires of all this cold, we are supposed to be in the 30° by now. Off to another day of doing things other than what I need to do.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:43 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
Last weekI was out of town with a co-worker. we were discussing concealed carry guns. He had a Ruger LCP. it was nice a compact, but the slide was really stiff. I have been thinking of adding a really tiny pistol to my arsenal.
I liked the LCP, but also liked the last Walther PPK I shot that was made by Walther, not S&W. Which is better? What is the better option in that size? .380 or 9mm.
One of the advantages of being a "big boy", I can carry anything I want. My preference is a SP101 or XD9 Service. I have carried much large.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:18 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hmmm, wonder why this made me think of someone who is getting old and lazy?
Might be on to something!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:43 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I have dealt with a few S&W Bodyguards here in the shop, customers having problems with them cycling properly. I sent 3 off to S&W so they could work them in their custom shop, polish feed ramps etc......overall no real help. I think you really have to find the ammo it likes and stick with just that brand.

The Walther's are a really nice firearm most I have seen run smooth and reliable. I am partial to the small Kimber's myself, basically small 1911s and we all know how great that platform is.

Check out the Micros....this "Bel Air" is trying real hard to find a home here lol ( I have always been enamored with the 55 Chevy Bel Air ) I prefer a toned down version for myself but I have to be realistic when dealing with small handguns around here. I have multiple safes full of guns and all the small ones tend to disappear and end up in my wife's possession Kimber America Micro Bel Air
i thought that was a rendering in the picture.. its interesting. Im leaning towards the Walther, but will check out the kimber.

Originally Posted by cougar
One of the advantages of being a "big boy", I can carry anything I want. My preference is a SP101 or XD9 Service. I have carried much large.
I can conceal my .40 XD sub compact in jeans and a tee shirt or 1911 in winter clothes.

Kinda just looking for something smaller, more comfortable, get off of me gun.