Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The new American breakroom Jan 22 - 28/ 2017

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:53 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
The new America breakroom Jan 22 - 28/ 2017

Good morning. Time to wash your face and look good. Here, have a coffee or a ph00, they are fresh. Some assorted gorditos and delicious steamy hot fillings to go with your hot drink. Be careful with the green sauce as it is HOT!

Another gorgeous morning is dawning down here in Paradise. Looks like another cloudless day coming up.

Have a good one. See yuh.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just the thing to wake up with! Thanks Stan!

Just got back from walking the Bride's little dog. Nice warm and overcast morning. Got to listen to two different flocks of turkeys come off the roost and start bragging to each other. They sounded near to where i have a trailcam. Guess I'll go check it after bit....
Old 01-22-2017, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Goooood mornin everyone. Stan, thanks for the coffee and ph00. Back in the shop early today. Gotta do an injection pump on an old Ford L8000 with a 3208 cat no turbo. Figured i would do it today so I have minimal interruption here. Then maybe finish up putting the dually bed back on the 05. We will see what the ambition level is. Maybe i will go home and take up space, my recliner misses me.
Have a great day all, be safe..
Old 01-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Another foggy morning in Cheez land. Made it through yesterday without hurting anyone. Mainly hid in my hotel room watching TV, reruns of Star Trek and different movies. Went out to dinner at an odd hour to avoid confrontations. Probably do the same today.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Evening all want to applogize if I used offensive terms last time I posted.

Time to start dinner thanks for the coffee

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 01-22-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I followed a link in from my email, and had 4, yes 4! videos playing at once on the page. Signed in, and they're gone.

Been pretty busy. Put all new brakes on a trailer this week. Only things we reused were drums and air canisters. S-cams, bushings, shoes, all wore out. The driver who pulled it most of the time since the boss got the trailer used (with new brakes) a little over a year ago, was told that if the new brakes don't last a year, he gets to do all the work replacing them.

Then I climb into the trailer that driver has been pulling, and find feed piled up on the baffle at the front of the trailer. The same day he gets back to pulling the trailer I did the brakes on. The same day he calls me crying about ending up stopped on the oncoming shoulder in the fog because there was a line of traffic stopped on the highway and no one had any lights or flashers on. The same day he thinks he flat-spotted the 8 new tires that went on with the new brakes.

If the brakes don't last a year, there's other things I'd like to make him do. But I don't sign the paychecks.

I'm afraid to crawl under my trailer again and pull dust shield plugs to check what the brakes look like since he's been pulling it for a month.

Gotta get changed and head to town. One of the guys on my pool team died Wednesday morning. He had asthma, hiatal hernia the doc wouldn't fix because he was convinced there was an allergy causing the coughing fits, he was only 44. Thought he was a lot older.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Cougar, where in Wisconsin?
i rolled thru that state today and will be heading west again tomorrow
Old 01-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang - - finally slowed down enough to turn on the peuter and see what is happening around here. Everything looks and sounds pretty normal. Busy weekend.

Unusual day a bit today - - started out gorgeous but a bit breezy. By noon winds picked up. Tonight, thunder/rain storms moving thru. Should let up in the morning and back to normal boring high 70's Tuesday. At least nothing like what was going on around Georgia and surrounding areas - - wow, some carnage and bunch of people dead up there. Nasty.

OK, heading in for the beddy - - - tired - - gotta slow down a bit. Nighty nite.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from ..................

Cawphee and ph00 are fresh and hot. Come and get some.

Wonderful day yesterday. Had internet live church service first and then went to a real church. From there went to lunch and sat outside under the palm trees enjoying some delicious Mexican food. Could not improve on the weather the last few days. Yesterday was about a perfect temperature with a high of 25c, an occasional slight breeze and perfect blue skies the entire day. So far today looks like it is going to be the same.

Today is Monday, so back to reality with lots of work to do. One job I have to do is sharpen a chain for a chainsaw. This job has never been a favourite of mine. Maybe another coffee will help.

Hope that all of you can enjoy a wonderful day. You too Coug. Hope your job arrives and keeps you occupied.

L8tr.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:32 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
afternoon coffee time... country manager just left, time to get back to slacking off and trying to figure out why the rig washes with base oil...
Old 01-23-2017, 02:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stan have you ever tried to use a sharing machine? I picked mine up at Northern Tool works like a charm no effort and elimate chance of ruining a chain.

Rain and wind in the 40s and snow by Friday

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 01-23-2017, 02:25 PM

A sharing machine????? Did you spell that right? I tried to look this up, but no luck. Can you give me a link? To answer the question, no I have not. I did buy a sharpening tool from Lowes some time ago, used it for half a chain and set it aside as I did not like it. Found that hand sharpening was better.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:34 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Stan, when sharpening a chain, I've found the hand files with the nice plastic grip on them are the best. I spent years just using the file with no handle, my hands always hated me...

https://goo.gl/images/fiabGg

Scott (say-eek-wa) AKA furry would be able to tell you the best way to sharpen a chain saw chain...
Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 AM

Good morning from ............ you know where. Our weather is ............ you know that too Yup, still fantastic!

Mark, that is what I have used in the past. They get dull quickly. So far have not found a file brand that lasts for many sharpenings. The files I am presently using did not come with handles, but make my own from 1" dowl rod. That is actually more comfortable to use than those cheap plastic handles. Cut a piece of dowl 4" or 5" long, drill a 1/8" or 5/32" hole halfway in from one end, round the other end and drive it on to the file. Bingo, a nice, cheap, long lasting and comfortable handle.

Off to an early breakfast meeting wearing shorts. One yummy Mexican breakfast coming up. Then to the orphanage to do whatever.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the fresh ph00, Stan. .....................whoa, wait a minute. This stuff is from a couple days ago - - horrible. Thanks a lot - - off to a delicious breakfast, but couldn't even make us a cup of ph00 - - ph00ey on yu00ey. ..................................Hey, enjoy your breaky and go get something done today.

OK, fresh ph00 on - - OK, I will make some fresh coffee also. Enjoy. Sorry, no hot Mexicali food that will give you ulcers. ...................

Quick Reply: The new American breakroom Jan 22 - 28/ 2017