Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

May Day break room 5/1 - 5/7

Old 05-01-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 413 Likes on 316 Posts
May Day break room 5/1 - 5/7

Where is everyone? It 10:30AM AK time and no one around.
I made some regular coffee for you regular folks and set out a box of left over girl scout cookies.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow! Finally got in from a full day of "Grandpa Taxi" Glad no one got the cookies before I did!

Big storms on the horizon, guess I'll go police up the yard before I have to go looking for things...... See ya!
Old 05-01-2016, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After watching soccer at the establishment where I had lunch today, I think we need a new rule.

Any player who rolls around on the ground holding his knee after kicking another player's toes, has exactly six seconds to be at least back up to his knees, before the retired marine snipers on the stadium roof remove him from the game.

Get to change wheel bearings on a trailer tomorrow. The same one I put the air bag under last week. Luckily it was the tag axle, so he could still get delivered. Albeit over-axle.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey were is everyone (echo) well fresh coffee and phoo for you know who steak tacos for lunch take it easy
Old 05-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A late "good morning" from sunshine land. Gorgeous morning out there today. Wandered around enjoying all the blooming flowers and the smell of the many gardenias popping their heads out to see the world. Wow, how neat. Amazing world in which we live and get so busy we don't even see it. Watched the dolphins having fun yesterday and interacting with people in their boats. They would come up and beg for fish bait. So cute to watch. Then swim alongside or in the wake.

Company is off visiting other family members this morning so some time to ourselves. Wow, now what can I do - - can't stand it - - nothing to do. Oh yeh, forgot - - the "Get To Do List." DUH. Need to wash the blonde's chariot - - pretty dirty. Grabbing my ph00 and out of here. Have a great day.

LazyBob
Old 05-02-2016, 10:56 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all. sun is finally back out. kind of a crappy weekend weather wise.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Blah blee blah blee blah blah

All good here.

As you were.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Blah blee blah blee blah blah

All good here.

As you were.
BlewwGoooAllOverYuuuuu. Go clean up, boy. .............

Hey, glad to hear all good up that way. I thought you might enjoy knowing I have pulled/popped a shoulder tendon. Thought of you when I did it. Doc says going to have to pull a pic of it and then decide what to do. See, I am a DUH............................also. Man, I have new feelings about what you were going thru. Nasty. Can't move for fear it will lay you on the floor again.

No ph00 and too late to make it. I will just pout and go home. Y'all be good.

HurtingBob
Old 05-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Bob Bob Bob!
Ouch
Don't be surprised if an MRI shows a lot more. Crazy how things can let go.
Keep us posted.
Lots of rest, ice, heat.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:00 AM

Morning all - - - the wifey made some scrumptious blue berry pancakes with BB syrup to top them off. Made ph00 and coffee and put some Florida orange juice up for grabs. Should get your day off and running.

Bob Bob Bob!
Ouch - - Lots of rest, ice, heat.
Not fun at all - - - when you least expect it, you will flinch or jerk and the pain is horrible. Been doing a bit of the cold/heat routine but so busy running with company here I have been slothful in maintaining the regimen. Need to do it. Promise - - I will....................

Off on my day after I finish this dish of pancakes. UUUMMMMMmmmmm.

Bob
Old 05-04-2016, 07:05 AM

See on the news that Canada ( Ft Mc Murray??) is being totally evacuated for fire. Best wishes to those involved.

20 hour day yesterday dealing with personnel problem. End result is HEBE-WEBE. He be gone, We be looking to hire.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by sherod
See on the news that Canada ( Ft Mc Murray??) is being totally evacuated for fire. Best wishes to those involved.

20 hour day yesterday dealing with personnel problem. End result is HEBE-WEBE. He be gone, We be looking to hire.
Yes it's getting very dry and dangerous. We have 98 fires to the north of us right now.
Will be 90F and hotter today/tomorrow here.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:06 AM

Yes it's getting very dry and dangerous. We have 98 fires to the north of us right now.
55F right now in Louisville KY. Weird wx!!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Whoa!!!! What is that all about? No rain???? Horrible. Scary. Stay safe up there, y'all. ................
Old 05-04-2016, 04:56 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Greetings from Paradise, where we are cooking. It is unusually hot here the last few days and expected to remain very hot for the next few days. 34c as I type this. Out in the sun it feels like about 340c.

Got a nasty job to do tomorrow out in the sun. Out at the orphanage where I volunteer, the second busiest gate is a large electric sliding gate. Yesterday the plastic gear on the motor lost a few teeth and on checking for the reason, discovered that the motor had moved relative to the rack on the gate and that only the tip of the teeth were engaging. Replaced the plastic gear with an all steel gear. This is the second time it has done this. This area is well known to have stuff move, particularly free standing walls. The soil is a sort of black clay and things tend to move depending on the wet or dry season. At my house the two mating gates move up or down compared to one another as much as an inch depending on the month.

There is no more adjustment left on the rack, so tomorrow am going to move the entire rack from a bottom tooth engagement on the motor to a top tooth engagement which hopefully will provide more leeway for adjustment as things move later. Not a fun job, particularly as it is out in the sun, right next to a dirt road that has large dump trucks coming by frequently accompanied by a huge cloud of dust. Need to reposition the motor as well. My intent is be out there very early and get moving as soon as it is light enough to see. Hopefully can beat some of the intense heat later. Once I start the job, need to finish it the same day.

Feel bad for you Canucks that are in the fire area and need to evacuate. Hope none of you lost anything to the fire. A few lifetimes ago was heavily involved in the water/fire bombing business, so am well aware of how these things progress.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: May Day break room 5/1 - 5/7