Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Jist Gittin Warmed Up Breakroom 4/19 - 25

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:37 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Jist Gittin Warmed Up Breakroom 4/19 - 25

Wow, nuther week in the history book - - time for a new breakroom. Where did this one go? Freshened the joint up a bit, fed dragon, made coffee, ph00 and hot tea. Left some sprinkles on the counter jist in case Lary can make his gadget work in the horspitle.

Come and git it. ...............

Off to church.

Bob
Old 04-19-2015, 07:07 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heyyyyy!

38 sunshiny degrees and I have enjoyed my back deck time! sorry Fiver, for making you cold. here, (shares some hot chocolate)

NEfarmcitydweller! love to read your posts, thnx for the pics. I see the tractor units now and am skeered/lost. give me an open international or farmall anyday! nice to read U R such a big softie!!! That is quite the turnaround time/speed! I had pictured your land like Iowa, but you definitely have dips,moguls and way too much thistle. Kinda like below the mountain ranges new mexico/high desert stuff.

scotty, t/y for the update. Still Prayers for those not yet outta the woods and family.

Hey JM, great idea!!! get all the toys ready! and snooze in the sun.

plans for me went out the window yesterday, tried to keep calm and carry on. wax on , wax off heh heh
Old 04-19-2015, 07:08 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
A fantastic good morning to everybody from Paradise. Thanks Bob for the vittles and hot liquids. I see that you have joined Claude's school of typing. Must be something here in the breakroom.

Nice to know that Lary is OK. Will still keep him in my prayers. Why? Because I know from experience that prayer really does work.

Leaving on Friday morning to go to Cuernavaca. It's a 4 hour drive. Be back on Sunday night. For those who do not know where this is, check it out; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuernavaca. Drove there many times already, but this time have decided to go by bus. By bus it is still 4 hours, but the cost is just over half of what it would cost to drive. It is a fairly new luxury tour bus, so is very comfortable with wide seats. To get to Cuernavaca it is necessary to drive thru Mexico City and that is not a nice experience, so this time will sit back and let the bus driver do the worrying. Going to a family wedding and the dress code for the men is a white gauyabera shirt. Look it up if you do not know what that is. Most of these shirts are made in Mexico and not China and are very good quality.

Off to start my day. L8tr.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:17 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
I see that JWBM posted about the same time I did. Forgot to mention that your comment about sitting outside is shorts is freezing temperatures made me cold too. It is for reasons like that, that I choose to live down here. All week the daily temps have been around 28 - 30C.

Before posting today I never went back and read the last few posts from the last breakroom, but your comments made me check. Yes, I agree, definitely nice pics and it shows how hard farmers need to work. 9 - 5 does not exist for them.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good morning folks quick drive by thanks for prayer i get tubes wires off my hands I cab post more
Old 04-19-2015, 11:15 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Glad to hear it.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Good morning folks quick drive by thanks for prayer i get tubes wires off my hands I cab post more
Hey Lary - - - bringing back "not so nice" memories, but as Stan mentioned, I had a slew of people praying for me too. Just living thru the first ordeal with 100% blockage in the widow maker made me appreciate things a lot more. We are still with you in the prayer chain - - you have some distance to go yet.

Great church service and SS class (even though I teach it). Lots of good interaction. Din din is on and the blonde is calling. Later.
Bob
Old 04-19-2015, 01:54 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all,
Lary, glad to see you back, even if only briefly. Wishes for a speedy recovery from here.
The yoga instructor that DW and I have is German and I swear she was in the SS or something like that. She worked us hard today, I feel like a rented mule that was beaten for hours.
It is time to prune the trees (pears, plums and Caragannas) that got beaten down by Mother Nature over the winter. If I feel really motivated, I might even get the lawn fertilized today.

Thanks for starting the new breakroom 5erBobo.

Play safe all y'all.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice calm day with the Bride, and a little piddling in the shop. I snagged a 5 foot pull behind mower, had a 10 hp briggs on it that clanked when you turned it over. I stole a 16 hp twin out of an old riding mower. Got everything bolted and loosely installed, but do have interference with the muffler. Little bit of burning metal and it should work fine. Once I get it running smooth, maybe the Dear Bride will help with some of the trimming!

(or not)

See ya!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Stuff on the counter...usual stuff.
Hi
Bye
Old 04-20-2015, 09:08 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall. Begin weekend! Woohoo!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM

Hmm, busy Monday it looks like. Just came in to see if all is OK - - been out washing filthy vehicles. Grabbing a ph00 and back at it. ...................

Bob
Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 AM
DTR Mom

hey shorts! official pronouncement rendered! let the weekend begin!
voice of the night is off duty. time to just get in the truck and cruise!

Glad to hear Top is on the road to recovery. different from Stan's road to Canburre....yeah, that place. hope both are using the luxury, stress free bus.

sherod, glad it is the calm before the next big project. yeah, lil yard work and time to look at the clean scene lets the mind relax as well....if she won't cut maybe she will do sammiches and lemonade!

cool and windy as all get out, tossing wood double seat swing bench off the deck. used backhoe to do my yardwork, just didn't feel like shovel and rake.
moving ornamentals that outgrew the spaces next to the house.

this am, had oral surgeon consult. I get a reduced cost for an implant; he gets to race a camel and hang out with my crew in Virgina City NV. we shook hands on that, who does that now a days? awesome. getting out of the fancy clothes and back to normal jeans. have a great one DTR members and POST! all welcome, all the time.

Hey Cougar, hope this week is you week man.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:27 PM
REALLY old dog

Top- glad all went well
Think i should wait until next week to bring in the donuts with sprinkles on them - don`t want to get in trouble with Mrs top or the doctors

Claude
Old 04-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by old dog
Top- glad all went well
Think i should wait until next week to bring in the donuts with sprinkles on them - don`t want to get in trouble with Mrs top or the doctors

Claude
No worries, I am loading it up with BACON tomorrow........ She will be shooting at me not you.

Quick Reply: Jist Gittin Warmed Up Breakroom 4/19 - 25